1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dreambox hd

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by deiseman, Mar 6, 2013.

1. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Firstly you will only get foreign games if you have a dish pointed in the right direction and a sub for it, again depending what you want and what your willing to pay, what you are looking to do if for two sats working or a motor on a large dish, 2 seperate clines, I wouldnt be spending money on a dreambox not when there are so many cheap HD boxs out there now at a fraction of the cost, but at the end of day its your money

2. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

to be honest mickah i tend to disagree. while there are many hd boxes out there at cheaper prices not one of them is truly linux based which means you are consigned to the supplier if any changes are made to future encryptions. not saying that any box is future proof but i do believe that linux is more stable and likely to be more future enabled than any other box

3. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Oh I agree, if its open linux box, I have a HD9001 Linux based box, but its not open sourced, but for cheap and cheerful ya cant go wrong with something like the F3, but at the end of the day, its what you wanna spend and what ya want ultimately.

The Vu Solo looks like a great box and with the apps on it for RTE, ichannal etc, its excellent

4. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

have played with 1channel and have reached the conclusion that most anything is available on it. problem is that the quality is pants. just watched madagascar 3 in high def on icefilms and its ten times better than 1channel. but even the mention of 1channel and icefilms opts out pretty much all non-linux based boxes by default. hence the value of spending a few extra quid on the dm800 versus the blade or other alternatives

5. sb18180

sb18180 Regular member

try new openbox x6 linux and very cheap

6. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

openbox x6 is not an enigma2 linux box and as such icefilms will not work on it. it is possible to load linux distros on the box but these are of little use as the sh4 chipset does not support enigma2