Dreambox Ireland N2 Fix. Its Here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by gersrt, Jun 26, 2009.

1. bear09

bear09 Member

Thanks tha will be great

2. bear09

bear09 Member

if u open tha file up there is 3 files in it

3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Please ensure your future posts cease to use annoying text speak..

4. lennyirl

lennyirl Guest

Ok for those of you having ftping problems..
    I have uploaded the dk image with the n2 cam fix loaded onto it
    follow the usual way of going to rte 1 for the channel epg to load, then hit the blue key.. tuxbox commander
    var folder then bin folder
    and load the execute the last file on the list(hypercam 106)
    and then go to skysports 1 an wait a min an then change to a channel should be unlocked..
    regards

http://rapidshare.com/files/250417259/new_fw

5. bowen1951

bowen1951 Guest

going to load your image now . thanks

one question please
    I have loaded another image and can get into the var/bin and view in
    windows explorer the 3 files. right click gets properties but how do I get into attributes to chmod to 755?
    Cant see atributes?

Regards

6. bear09

bear09 Member

Do I use dreamup to put this image on my dreambox if so I cant seem to pick it up when I press flash and search for it

7. bowen1951

bowen1951 Guest

I changed the extension to .Img and loaded with Dreamup.
    Did I do right as when I try to execute the last file it starts with a small red band but never moves on. How long should it take?

How do I get to Atributes?

Thanks

8. lennyirl

lennyirl Guest

Yea you should change it to .img , you don't clikc the red button execute it doens't seem to do it right..
    you should click the centre button(ok one) and then it should go to a blue screen and you'll see it says some stuff there, then exit and save the settings..
    I was just reviewing my img there, I tried putting an auto loader onto it so it would save us having to do it but it doens't seem to work.. I'll work on getting it done..

9. lennyirl

lennyirl Guest

have you transfared the 3 files over that are the fix?
    you should be able to cha nge the properties of them..
    it also depends on what ftp program you're using.. if your using windows one its not capable of doing it. the program i used was smartftp, and i should right click the files when viewing them on the ftp and go to properties

10. bear09

bear09 Member

can you explain to me what im amen to do and how to do it please Im not very good at this stuff how do I get the dreamup to recognize this file

11. lennyirl

lennyirl Guest

its weird I dono why its not showing up, but as the previous poster said there he changed the extension/ending to .IMG
    I am not sure if you have extensions turned on/showing in windows
    every file should be like application.exe
    or picture.jpg etc. if it doesn't show this google on how to show extensions in your version of windows
    then you should right click my image file and change the ending of it to .img
    and then when you load up your dreamup app, you want to flash erase it, and load my file into it..
    thats it really

12. lennyirl

lennyirl Guest

13. DubGG

DubGG Member

Has anyone managed to fix a DW image? It would be easier just to ftp the 3 files to the box than put a new image on it(I have it connected to the network).

I have flashed the files but not sure what other steps are required to get it working, if it can.

Thanks for any advice.

14. bowen1951

bowen1951 Guest

got ya!
    Thanks

What I did
    (1) change your file extension to .Img ,file right click , change ext(),enter img
    (2) go to tuxbox commander
    (3) go to var/bin
    (4) go to last file Hypercam1.06
    (5) press ok
    (6) press red, writing appears
    (7) Exit and save.
    (8) Go to rte1
    (9) move to RTE2

worked.

Going to try Dbox2 now

Regards

15. lennyirl

lennyirl Guest

yea good stuff mate, I usually press the OK button to execute it cause when i press the red button a red bar just popes up and nothing else..
    yea always start off on rte 1, usually go to sky sports myself cause it seems to be the fastest..
    let me know if you get it working on your dbox as have a few people asking me would it work on theres save me the hassle of doing it

as to DubGG, I had the DW image and I could not get it to execute the files, don't think anyone could.. using the DK image seems to be the only one.. annoying I know have to resort all the channels again but its worth it cause with the DW image you get feck all channels!

16. DubGG

DubGG Member

Ok, thanks Lenny, just wanted to be sure before I disconnect it and bring it to the PC etc.
    It will be worth it to get the channels back!

17. lennyirl

lennyirl Guest

Yea its worth it mate, I had the dw image up until yesterday an the box was pritty useless! I don't really like having to change the images either but its not a bad layout image(bar the pixeled startup screen) lol

18. bowen1951

bowen1951 Guest

Hi
    Put files on Dbox2, changed to 755.
    Cannot execute file as when I show rights it it red for execute , green for read, write.
    Is 755 correct for CHMOD, using the Andromeda image.

19. dreamboxy

dreamboxy Member

hi,
    lenny iv been following your instructions to load you image, iv flashed it to the dreambox,with dreamup, and done a flash erase during the process, all seemed ok, connected back up to tv, iv still got the few channels as before, went to tuxbox, var, bin, the last showing then is evocamd212, if i execute this a red line appears and nothing then happens, if i press ok on it ,i get at the top of the screen, "/var/bin/evocamd212", i then exit &save, back to channels, try sports, etc but still nothing, am i doing something wrong.
    Db

(PS, a big thanks and well done to you and anyone else involved, for you work on the problem.)

20. castaway7

castaway7 Member

Hi Folks,

I managed to get this going myself with the dk image and by ftping the three files over and doing a chmod on them. All good, but just one issue was hoping anyone could help me with, when I scan for the channels.. I only get about 88 in total.. no sign of rte1/2 tv3 tg4 bbc1/2/3/4 utv ch4 sky 1/2/3 etc, quite a few missing.. get the movies and sports without issues.. tried scanning using bruteforce uk 6778 and bruteforce cable ie and bruteforce uk.. but never get anymore channels..th n*l dublin doesn't work at all.. is there a way i can do a manual scan? I'm not too up on this and would be very happy if someone could point in the right directory.

Thanks for everyone for the help in getting this going..