1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drity disk error after playing a game useing unleashx?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Bat182, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Bat182

Bat182 Member

Howdy,

I softmodded my xbox 1.0v with SID 5.01,splinter Cell, standard install,unleashx with no problems.

I play a game with the original game disk. It loads and plays with out any problems. But when I'm finished playing the game. I hit the eject button to pop out the disk. after ejecting the game. I get this msg:

There's a problem with the disk your using. It may be dirty or damaged.

After that I have to reboot the xbox ether buy hitting the on/off button or R+L+back+start.

What I would like to know is this normal for this softmod? Because booting and rebooting is kind of hard on my poor old xbox. I looked on here and on line in other forums. I did find a post that said there was a fix for this but didn't say what the fix is. If I was a programmer I would say the application falls out of the loop to the error msg.

Is there a fix for this? If this is not a problem then why does it not state this in the unleashx manual?

Ps: My disk drive is healthy and clean no problems before the mod. I even unmodded and check disk no problems.

Thanks for any help in advance.

2. casper007

casper007 Guest

Try using one of the older Auto-Installers, i have never used the 5.01 as i have moved on from the old xbox, but in all my time of modding i never had no problems like urs with old SID!

3. varnull

varnull Guest

ffs.. you eject the disk.. and wonder why you get a disk read error?

brain required.. call the paramedics !!

4. Bat182

Bat182 Member

Thanks casper007 for your reply. I will look into getting the older version and see what happens.

5. XMP2K5

XMP2K5 Member

This normal when you hit the eject button. I don't know why it gives the error, but nothing is wrong with your drive. It is just something that happens with a modded xbox.

6. casper007

casper007 Guest

I have never heard of this problem when ejecting a disk, normaly the xbox will reset, unless it has an eject fix on the bios, but even then normally loads dash. Like i say try another version of SID, as the problem may be a bug. ur you can look for a bugfix!