1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drive cant see DVD but can watch video on it!

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by alexisbat, Dec 4, 2007.

1. alexisbat

alexisbat Member

Hi
    A friend recorded 2 mini DVD-Rs worth of video from our wedding. I want to rip this content to my PC for editing. (I know how to rip normal DVDs / convert etc)

PROBLEM IS....
    I stick one of the mini-DVD-Rs in my DVD-RW drive and windows sees a blank disc as does the InterVideo DVD player software which I use to watch DVDs on my PC. However, the disc can be played back using Nero ShowTime (part of the Nero 7 package). I don't think Nero can see files on the disc (if it could I just copy the content of the disc and go from there). Nothing seems to be able to see the actual files. WHATS GOING ON??? Anyone know a work around?

2. attar

attar Senior member

If Nero can play it, perhaps if you tried Nero Vision and opt to make a DVD Video and choose the 'All Files' selection on the menu to see if it can find the files.
    It may be that the files are VR format (so the camcorder can add/edit them before it finalizes the disk).