1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drive driver problem

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Sandwich1, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Sandwich1

Sandwich1 Guest

Ok, every time I boot, a message pops up saying that I have an unstable driver on my PC, and the location is unknown. I managed to find that driver...or at least 4 of it's vital files and deleted them. Later, when I put a disk into my dvd drive, it did not play, and later I discovered that the system did not see the drive (obviously, because the files I deleted were from the driver for the drive). Fourchenatly, I was smart enough to burn those particular files onto a disk before I deleted them, but now that my drive isn't recognised, I can't get them back on. So my question is: If I get those files onto a flash drive (from my disk on another PC) and drag them across into my drive (where I found them) will it make my system recognise the drive again?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2007
  2. onya

onya Guest

Go to Device manager and roll back the driver, does this help?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2007
  3. Sandwich1

Sandwich1 Guest

What do you mean. And if you're talking in XP terms, then I can't do it, because my OS (vista) doesn't have a XP like device manager.

PS. sorry for any inconvenience, should've said what OS I had.

4. onya

onya Guest

I'll have to go halves with you on that, coz I didn't ask!......LOL
    MS Vista....I don't have, so I can't help out....sorry.

5. Sandwich1

Sandwich1 Guest

Ok. Thanks anyways....if anyone else xcan help, I'd apriciate it. =)

6. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

Sandwich1,
    Can you do a repair install of the OS using Vista. If so then just install the OS over the old OS. If this is a Factory Box computer then there should be a hidden partition that has the factory restore files, You could also call the computer manuf if it is still under warranty.

7. Sandwich1

Sandwich1 Guest

I don't really want to get that deep into it. lol..the PC is only 2 or 3 weeks old, so yeah, it's under warrenty. ..Will my proposed method in my 1st post work?

8. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

You can try it but I think it might not work. If it does not work then call the factory or do the factory restore from either the disks they provided or do it from the HD. Vista install's are supposed to be a lot quicker than XP. Good Luck

9. kev2611

kev2611 Member

has vista got a system restore like xp? its saved my bacon a few times!

10. Sandwich1

Sandwich1 Guest

I dunno...where to I find the sys. restore function?

11. Sandwich1

Sandwich1 Guest

Ok, I found it, I did it and it didn't work. There was no option to restore that particular driver when I wanted to do so.

12. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

13. Sandwich1

Sandwich1 Guest

Oh, it's ok now man. I got it. Thanks! ..I had to set the PC back 12 days, but it's fine now.