1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drive errors, fairly new pc other pcs read the discs fine, bad drive? Vista? or ???

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by FTLOSM, Dec 20, 2007.

1. FTLOSM

FTLOSM Member

I just bought a pc hp m7760n mediacenter with vista home premium and the burner in it says it's a HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GSA-H30L Lightscribe unit.

I even went to the HP site and updated the drivers for it from a 6/06 to a 2/07 driver that supposedly fixes some issues for this drive.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...&cc=us&dlc=en&product=3339302&os=2093&lang=en

However, when I use dvd shrink 3.2 or DVD Fab HD Decryptor 4 I get nothing but errors while it encodes discs. The discs are fine and DO encode fine on 2 other machines using the same versions of the same software BUT both other machines are using different drives and xp vs vista.

I don't know if this is a drive problem (fickle drive i need to just change out) it does play discs and program discs fine, hasn't seen alot of use maybe 20 music cd burns max, no lightscribing done with it, so im stumped on that...

Or is this maybe a vista issue or some adjustment or setting I can make to the OS to stop the encoding stop errors I keep getting half way thru discs on this machine?

Thanks for any input or advice, I figured this being the dvd+-r drive threads it was the best place to start asking is this a junky drive that others have also had trouble with or am i maybe missing something here or is it a vista thing?

2. FTLOSM

FTLOSM Member

BTW the shrink error i get is unable to read F/ (blank) (but it is my dvd drive). incorrect function error

and that seems to happen about 30-60% thru most movies yet those same movies work in shrink on other pcs with same shrink version, so its either something in vista or the drive or is there any setting i can adjust or look at within the pc to slow down the read or something?