1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drive letter access issue

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by t8078rp, Dec 29, 2004.

1. t8078rp

t8078rp Member

I have recently purchased the new Nero package and everything installed except for InCD 4. I got the error message: "Veritas - Drive Letter Access must be uninstalled." Veritas RecordNow came preinstalled on my computer but I have uninstalled it and it is no longer listed in the program list on the control panel. If I wanted to, how do I uninstall the Drive Letter Access of a program that is no longer on my computer?

2. issue31

issue31 Member

having same problem. been watching your thred, there has to be a setting someplace, but i can't find it yet. will keep trying

3. seville

seville Guest

I wish I had something enlightening to add to this but I get the same message. I had a program called Prassi Primo Plus for burning CD's and it was made by Veritas. It worked fine for a while but then it would not recognize my 2nd CD/DVD drive so I bought the Nero Ultra 6.0 and after uninstalling the Prassi program, you know the rest. I have searched my hard drive for a file named Veritas, DLA or whatever combinations and found nothing. If I get it figured out, I will post the answer.

4. jhoggard

jhoggard Member

i get the same error message: "Veritas- Direct Letter Access" needs to be removed before i can install InCD.
    i have emailed the Nero and have gotten no response that helps. Anybody figured out how to remove this file. My computer can't find it.

5. lakere

lakere Member

I have an HP computer and I had to remove the HP DLA - this is apparently the same as the Veritas DLA. Then it asked me to uninstall Roxio. I haven't done that yet but I suspect that if I uninstall all programs which use a DLA, Nero InCD will install.

6. yeardley

yeardley Member

Hey, I had this problem but it was solved when I uninstalled the program. In my case, I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop and the DLA program was called [bold] Sonic DLA[/bold]. Perhaps you guys could check your add/remove list for this? Also, there's a chance you uninstalled the Veritas program but some leftover registry entries are causing a problem. If you think that is the case, I use the powerful and free RegSeeker v1.32 beta. (I think that's the version) to clean my registry. Do a google and you can get it easily...it's quick and the best there is, IMHO.

If none of that works, maybe try looking at your installed programs through the add/remove interface under the "tools" section of Spybot S&D. I know that some programs show up there when they don't show up under the regular add/remove through control panel. I'm no expert with the burning stuff, but I'm qualified to throw my two cents in with this scenario. Good luck.

7. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Open your C drive under my computer and see if any folders remain with Veritas listed. If so then delete it. You can also use the Search feature off the start button. Search for files and folders named Veritas or DLA. If they show up, delete from the location shown.

Jerry

8. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Personally if this type of occurance happens to me with any software, I would try and reinstall the software and then it should have the option of uninstalling what you want.

9. brobear

brobear Guest

If this is all about getting InCD to load, I wouldn't worry about it. If you're wanting to record DVD video, then it is recommended that the InCD portion of Nero not be loaded. If InCD is already loaded, go into Add Remove and delete it. Packet writing software is a well known problem causing interference with DVD recording apps.