1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Driver and Identifing Computer

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Bavan, Feb 3, 2005.

1. Bavan

Bavan Member

i have a compaq presario computer....... but there r lots of different types of compaq presario PC's.. i dont know wichone i have. it have 40 gb harddrive, 256 ram, Intel celeron processor. there is also this # "SR1110NX" located on the front of the computer. i just format my computer, so now my audio is not working. i need to install the audio driver. the sound card is built-into the mother board. i bought this at furure shop, the booklet that i got dosent say anything about sound card or driver, what driver should i install, and where should i get it..... my computer is only 7 months old, but i lost my recipt, so i cant go back to future shop and tell thme to fix it.... i also have warenty for the pc, but the recipt is lost.

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Compaq computers usually come with a restore CD that has to be used after a reformat so all the right drivers get installed. If you right click on the My COMPUTER icon and then click properties it may give you your PC model number. If it does then you can do a Google search for drivers for it. Compaq's are strange in that they seem to always need special drivers for audio and video. Windows drivers don't seem to work.

Jerry