1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Driver required

Discussion in 'Digital photography' started by iambigh, Jun 26, 2009.

1. iambigh

iambigh Member

I really thought that you had cracked it !!! It is a giant step forward. The camera is now showing in the scanners and cameras box as Icatch(IV) video camera device. It's properties read; Manufacturer : Sunplus, Driver ; 1.0.2.0, Location 0.
    The camera is said to be working but it does not show in My Computer. It does show however in Device Manager under imaging devices as Icatch(IV) still camera device and Icatch(IV) video camera device.
    I have tried updating the drivers, it just says I am using the best available driver. I have restarted the computer several times with the camera both attached and disconnected to no avail.
    I'm sure things are a lot closer to resolution thanks to your endeavours. A friend of mine is sending me a disc of 7 different Arcsoft programs next week in the hope that the correct drivers are on one of them, however I think you are heading in the right direction.

I am going away for a week on Friday night so I won't be able to look in until I get back, with your resourcefulness when I get back I won't be surprised if you have beaten it....LOL.
    Can't thank you too many times for all the help you are giving me and I promise if I ever get the pics off the camera I will send you a selection.

2. varnull

varnull Guest

No worries.. there are other models in the range. The fact it's now identifying seems to say (to me anyway) that we are in the right family of devices. I will have another dig around later when I return from running an errand. I sould be able to find the other drivers in my browser history.. as always I started with the lowest number in the range XD

3. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

I told you the best was working on your case, if she can't solve it, just give her more time.

4. iambigh

iambigh Member

I have all the time in the world for this lady. I just wish I was 40 years younger then maybe I could get to be as clever as she is proving to be.

5. varnull

varnull Guest

You would be surprised how old I am.. and I'm half aussie.. which makes me no lady XD

shall we try cheating?

download and burn this iso http://www.puppylinux.org/downloads/official-releases/latest-production-release (it's a disk image.. imgburn will do a great job of it.. but burn at 24x or less) then set your pc to boot the cd instead of windows..

it will start and ask some questions.. the most important one is get your keyboard region right or it's mad XD .. for all the rest take what it suggests .. you might have to have a couple of tries with slightly different options.. or just take the generic graphics driver :lol:

now if you look at the screenshot and you started with the camera connected it may well be in the list of drives at the bottom of the screen.. open them up.. you will be able to access all your xp drives and hopefully the camera will be a small 8mb drive.. just copy the files over onto the xp drive.. take the disk out and reboot to xp

:hahahaha: I eventually got fed up with searching for a driver for a device that isn't supposed to need one. That's how I would attack it anyway XD

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2009
  6. varnull

varnull Guest

waiting on developments.. the later series cameras only have the webcam drivers

7. iambigh

iambigh Member

I'm just in the middle of packing for our week away at the moment as we leave in a couple of hours. I won't have time to do the things you mention till I get back (probably Sun 12/07) and even when I do I'm not going to be sure what I'm doing. I don't have imgburn will Nero do the job ???? Appreciate what you're doing, thanks.

8. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Nero will do the job quite well.

9. varnull

varnull Guest

Have a great hoilday. I will keep looking when the bug takes me over the week. XD

10. iambigh

iambigh Member

I'm back !!!! Had a great time in Scotland, plenty of fishing and sightseeing. My friend had sent me the Arcsoft 7in1 disc while I was away and I loaded the PhotoStudio 5.5 from the disc and guess what......... it allowed me to see & save the pics on the camera.....Woohoo !!!!
    OK it's not the answer to the main problem but at least my granddaughter can have her photos now on disc. All that remains now is to crack the drivers issue. Yipeeeeeeeee !!! LOL.

11. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Good, glad it worked for you. If you get around to it, see if you can rip the files from the disk, then upload them to rapidshare.com and share your wealth with numerous others who are in a similar predicament.

12. iambigh

iambigh Member

You may have noticed that I'm not a techy sort of person so ripping files, uploading and such is not my cup of tea, so to speak, I'd probably only make problems for myself by doing it all wrong.
    It's not so much "files" from the disc it's actually the program; Arcsoft PhotoStudio 5.5 that allowed me to see & save the files to my PC.

13. missmoon

missmoon Guest

i registered just to answer this question as it made me laugh at all the hoops you were jumping through!! LOL

i was searching for help on errors for icatch webcam drivers (which i don't want or need) when i found this. stupid program came with a point & shoot vuestar camera.

cripe! 2 pages for something as simple as this? you ended up using that bloatware arc soft program, huh? REMOVE it!! don't need it.

all you had to do to begin with, was simply plug the camera in, wait for computer to read it, then open windows explorer/double click my computer, then click on the camera there! done!!

the pics will be stored in one of the folders there. works just like a floppy drive.

if you want a simply great, FREE, photo editing program that does TONS more than just that, get Irfanview, http://www.irfanview.com/ and don't forget the plugins, http://www.software.com/irfanview-plugin

hth!!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2009
  14. scum101

scum101 Guest

guess what n00b.. it didn't detect.. IF you had read the thread you would have discovered that little fact... because if it had then we wouldn't have done all the edited by ddp about would we???

guess it's bloody obvious why I stopped giving 2 craps about this place eh? .. always some stupid edited by ddp comes along.. doesn't read edited by ddp then states the bloody obvious... edited by ddp retards.. creakster or somebody... I have pretty much turned over the irc to somebody else now.. so scrap this account yeah?..served it's purpose.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2009