1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drivers won't install on USB for softmod

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by magnax1, Jul 26, 2010.

1. magnax1

magnax1 Member

I already put it in my xbox and it reformatted and seems to work fine. I'm using Vista. I go to device manager, click update and I got to the Actionreplay/Xbox/drivers and click next, and it says
    "The best driver for your device is already installed"
    and under that it says
    "Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date."
    I've tried to uninstall the drivers, and it just automatically reinstalls them. I'm guessing this section is pretty empty anymore, but if anyone could help I'd appreciate it a lot.

2. Iorra

Iorra Member

Do you mean that the USB Device Failed To Enumerate? This happened to my ActionReplay and frustrated me for a long time, but I found a solution. Is this what you are talking about?

3. magnax1

magnax1 Member

Idk what Enumerate means, but when I tell the USB to update drivers to the action replay drivers, it says
    "The best driver for your device is already installed"
    and under that it says
    "Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date."

4. Iorra

Iorra Member

Well its obviously not the drivers...What is happening is the ActionReplay device isnt being read as part of the ActionReplay program so you need to get the program to recognize the device. I will look into this more because I know whats happening I just cant remember exactly all of the steps.

5. magnax1

magnax1 Member

I actually think it had something to do with windows, because windows just won't let me install the drivers, lol. I looked up other people who had the same error on windows for other drivers, and I couldn't really find much that helped me.

6. Iorra

Iorra Member

Wait, so what exactly is your problem? Is the AR orb in the ActionReplay program lit up or not?

7. magnax1

magnax1 Member

Well I fixed the first problem, but now it says that it will not install an x86 driver on an x64 Vista machine. So I guess that means that the driver is 32 bit, and Vista is 64 bit, so I basically can't install it no matter what...... seems like I might just have to buy AR off ebay or Amazon.

8. Iorra

Iorra Member

Hmmm. I don't know man. Sorry.