1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DRX-530UL having problems, help with backing up please!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Prekwenci, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Prekwenci

Prekwenci Member

So heres the setup/dilemna.

I'm trying to back up some games but im having a problem getting the burning process to work. so let me just run by everyone here what im trying to do, and how im doing it. and maybe you can critique me.

Ok, im using an external burner, the DRX-530UL SONY external DVD+R/RW burner. Im using Memorex DVD+R 8x, 4.7, Lightscribe DVD's. With IMG BURN, i burn the iso onto the the disc (the procedure is right, thanks to many amazing guides on afterdawn) and when i check the disc, it has been burnt, so its not necessarily a problem with the burning procedure. And then when i go to play it on my PS2 with a fliptop and swap magic 3.8, it just continually tries to read the disc, and eventually just puts me to the memory card screen and claims "No Data Found" (or something like that)

So can someone give me some advice? or a hand? if what i've read is true, you cant booktype with Sony burners. But does that mean i automatically cant back up my games?

Help please!

2. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

You may want to get a mod to move this to the game forums. This forum is for backing up DVD movies.