1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DS Game recommendations wanted.

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by magus7091, Dec 27, 2007.

1. magus7091

magus7091 Regular member

Looking to get some new DS games, but I don't know what's any good. I like the following game types: RPG (classic style, not strategy though), Platformer, Rhythm Action, Puzzle.
    I've got, and or have already played: Elite Beat Agents, Picross DS, Planet Puzzle League, FFIII, Mario & Luigi: PiT, Contact, Platinum Sudoku, Ontamarama, Tetris DS (and others). Please if anyone knows of any other games of these types, please let me know.

2. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

I've been playing Geometry Wars: Galaxies for the last couple of days.

I see you have played FF:III, how about trying FF:XII Revenant Wings (have not played it myself yet, need to complete FF:III and Crisis Core before going onto another FF game)

Also New Super Mario Bros. which is still one of my favourite games on the DS (along with Mario Kart)

3. dragnandy

dragnandy Regular member

i completely agree with that, except that Super Mario Bros. was alittle short, but lasts long because it can be played over and over.

i guess the usually like pokemon and the phantom hour glass. those mainly because they are big platform games, fairly new, and have wifi. i think wifi makes the games last a lot longer. thats why i like mario kart, wifi.

4. magus7091

magus7091 Regular member

Forgot to mention that one, have been playing revenant wings. I didn't much care for new super mario brothers, and I don't have an internet connection right now to enjoy the wifi games. Will check out geometry wars though. Any other good classic style platformers?

5. chocoboco

chocoboco Member

quick question for you guys out there, i read that the new super mario bros psyds release didn't work with the download play, i found this out the hard way =P does the european version work with the download play?

6. xDSgamerx

xDSgamerx Guest

gamespot.com/ds could help you find a game you'd like. just check out sites with ratings and reviews. i dont really like FF revenant wings...kinda slow gameplay but ff3 is good. a must have rpg is zelda phantom hourglass.

7. magus7091

magus7091 Regular member

The only problem I've had with doing that kind of stuff is I feel like I need to know what game I'm looking for to find it. I know it's possible to search otherwise, but not really sure how, and without a fast reliable connection, sometimes I feel like I'm sorting thru reviews for days. Any sites, that you know of, that can allow me to input criteria for types of games, and then get a list of games that fit that criteria? (Criteria such as wi-fi, genre, rating -review rating, not esrb- and things like that) Thanks again.