1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DS help

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by me007, Mar 25, 2007.

1. me007

me007 Guest

I'm 12 and I just have the original DS and feel stupid saying this but I see all of this stuff about homebrew, R4, M3, M3 Lite, etc.
    what is all this stuff, what does it do, how much does it cost and where can I get it?

2. magus7091

magus7091 Regular member

Suggestion: Change the thread title before the mods close the thread. Regarding your question, R4, M3 (ds simply) are slot1 (ds slot)flash cards, meaning you download roms and homebrew, put them onto a memory card (most microsd) and stick it into the adapter (m3 or r4) and play said homebrew and roms. M3 Lite is a slot 2 (gba slot) device for doing the same thing, but with the added benifit of being able to play GBA roms, and the downside of having to go thru a complicated (comparitvely) process of installing said roms instead of just dropping and playing. Slot 2 devices also require the use of a passcard device, whereas a slot 1 does not. Read this: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/466339

3. me007

me007 Guest

thanx Magus