1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DS Lite, Passkey2, M3, FlashMe. Have I got this right?

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by richks, Apr 11, 2006.

1. richks

richks Member

Please pardon my ignorance.

I like the idea of not having to carry all my original NDS games around with me. I want to be able to pop the original game in, rip it to the SD card and then put the original in a drawer so I don't have to worry about losing it. You can fit a whole lot on a 512 MB SD card right?

I'm looking at picking up an M3. I want the mini SD one so that it sits flush with the front of the console. These aren't out yet as far as I can tell, but will appear soon by the looks of it.

I'm also looking at maybe getting the DSLite. I'm told that the DSLite and M3/Passkey2 work OK together,

To get this running I need the PassKey2 plugged in, right? That's kinda cumbersome and won't allow the thing to fit into a case. Which would suck.

So I hear you can run an application that flashes the internal firmware of the DS so that you can run the games without using the PassKey. Is this correct? Does this work with the Lite? I heard that you can't change the brightness of the DSLite if you flash it, is that true? Will it be worth waiting for an updated hacked firmware, or is such a thing not possible?

Basically, is this the right combination of things to buy to do what I want?

2. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

Sounds like you've done your research :)

Yes that is everything you'll need. And yes they will work on the Lite.

As for FlashMe, your correct in saying that you can't change the brightness, however there has been a beta FlashMe released which allows the brightness control. try to google it. I've only seen it on an Italian site so far so do not yet know much about it.

I have a M3 CF with a 512 CF card and can fit about 7 DS games and 4 GBA games on it easily.

3. DocSparky

DocSparky Member

I've also seen it here: http://www.gamersection.ca/

I bought my supercard sd from there, should have waited and got the new m3 mini-sd