1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DSTT/R4

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by jodiebex, Dec 13, 2007.

1. denormal

denormal Member

2. Adamsky

Adamsky Member

my second DSTT developed a rattle after three days of use and will not work at all,I have opened the case and found a minute chip has become detached from the circuit board. DSTT is a cheap and nasty copy of R4. Its too flimsy. The R4 is like a solid block compared to DSTT. Do not reccomend it. Get R4 original and best.

Adamsky

3. nathanjw

nathanjw Member

If anyone has a contact number for ds-memory.net I would be grateful. They appear to be serially ignoring my e-mails requesting information. Thankfully they have taken no money yet, but I think it's time to cancel the order and go elsewhere.

cheers.

4. rikabi

rikabi Member

Hi mate, you still have ds-memory dot net number? Cos I been trying to contact them for a week. Could u mail it to me or PM rikabi at gmail.com

5. nathanjw

nathanjw Member

I'm the same. These guys are a con. Anyone else reading this, DO NOT USE THEM!!!!!!

6. rikabi

rikabi Member

How long you been waiting mate? I was under the imperssion I was getting a R4 but he said I will be getting a DSTT(which is probably better anyway so am not annoyed at that). But ever since am not sure if they debited my card or what, nothing on my statement but I want to cancel the order and not find them debiting my card when I buy another one.
    Anyway I need a decent UK supplier or at least Europe.

7. Adamsky

Adamsky Member

Hi everyone,
    Just to let you know I have just rec'd my R4 from memorycards4U and it formatted, loaded and worked first time. None of the hassle I had with the DSTT. Built to last. Higly reccomend you get R4 stay away from cheap imitations.

regards

Adamsky

8. nathanjw

nathanjw Member

Been waiting a week so far. More of a concern is that they can't be arsed to reply to e-mails asking basic customer questions.

9. Adamsky

Adamsky Member

As I have mentioned earlier the DSTT is a cheap cousin of R4 although they charge you the same price. I actually exchanged mine for another one which worked ok. It seems hit and miss as to if you get a fully functioning DSTT. The build quality of R4 is far superior. Does anybody know how to soft reset the R4 so that you do not have to keep turning it off to get back to the main menu?

regards

Adamsky

10. rikabi

rikabi Member

11. jodiebex

jodiebex Guest

Hi, R4 soft reset is little icon at top right hand side when in game menu, (with little R in it)touch it from red to green. When it is green you can press same keys as dstt and M3, L + R + X,Y,A,B, to return to main menu.

12. jodiebex

jodiebex Guest

Well all, sorry to say one of my dstt that was working ok since xmas has given up and died! Just says loading with blank screens. Havent removed it from the ds since it was loaded at xmas. Tried the micro sd in other dstt and it works so its not the card. Tried other micro sd's in faulty one and still doesnt work. Going to send it back cos think it should last longer than 4 weeks!!

13. zafire79

zafire79 Member

I checked out some of your pages regarding set up of dstt.

I did everything said (even the fat16 format) The problem I have is when I put the dstt with the micro card into the DS lite system and turn it on, nothing happens. I see only the screen that shows pictochat and ds download play. I notice it says no DS card and no game pack.
    I am using a kingston 2G micro DS
    I've put the TTMENU folder, TTMENU.DAT & TTMENU.SYS files + 1 .nds file and nothing happened.

Can anybody help?

14. nathanjw

nathanjw Member

Well I finally got a reply from ds-memory.net 8 days later saying that they would cancel my order.

Only problem is I have now jumped from the frying pan into the fire. I have ordered from consoleup.com who I find out after ordering are apparently even worse! I had a panic attack yesterday as it was supposed to be here by 1pm yesterday and I didn't even have a tracking number! I now have a tracking number with Parcelfarce so fingers crossed! Will update you later.

15. rikabi

rikabi Member

Well thier site http://ds-memory.net/ appears to be down ! He said he will give me a refund but they took money from my account now,

edit ; never mind it works now. But I seem to problem emailing them, my email says the email will not send or failed delivery?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2008
  16. nathanjw

nathanjw Member

Maybe I was just lucky as they hadn't actually taken the money by the time they agreed to cancel the order.

17. mtek

mtek Member

Has anyone still got Dans phone number from ds-memory as he seems to have done a runner according to some people who are after refunds??

18. debic

debic Regular member

hi
    Can anyone help me. I have an R4 with 2gb micro sd. All has been working fine for the last few weeks and then suddenly last night for no apparent reason when I turn on the DS I just get LOADING and nothing else. My other child also has an r4 with 2gb and when I put the micro sd from the first one into hers the same thing happens but when I put her micro sd into the first R4 it works. It appears the problem is with the micro sd, can anyone advise if it can be fixed.
    Also a word of warning to those ordering R4's. The first one I ordered back in July last year was with a web site called nowplay.co.uk and a long story short I didn't recieve the R4 till October and I had also ordered the micro sd with them and they were never sent. I have complained to the consumer authorities etc and they have tried to get a refund and still nothing has happened. I spoke to the owner of the company numerous times and was constantly told everything was on the way and it never was, he also told me he'd refund me and never did so a word of advice is stay away form NOWPLAY.CO.UK.

19. Adamsky

Adamsky Member

first thing to do is reformat the SDcard. before you do, copy the games folder onto your computer. That way you will not lose any of the saved data from the games otherwise your children will have to start fresh with each game.format the card and then re install the folders as you did to start with, then copy your games folder back onto the card and try it in the DS.

regards

Adamsky

20. cassia

cassia Member

The number for Dan is as follows. Good luck.
    07985 193 715