1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DSTT/R4

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by jodiebex, Dec 13, 2007.

1. sweetezz

sweetezz Member

hi, plz plz plz could someone help me? you'll prolly think this is a moob of a question but im really stuck!
    first off i am using a R4 ds card v2 i think, ive used these loads of times and never had any problems before now...the card has all the correct files on and about 38 games - 1.82gb, all the games load up and work but then after a while it'll crash and say sd/tf card error? ive formatted the card and started all over again a few times but this keeps happening! does anyone know how i can fix this? or whats causing it? any help would be much appreciated, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou

2. zaccoyne

zaccoyne Guest

mate it could be your memory card is damaged i would say as similar happened to me and i just got a new one.
    got myself the new r4 sdhc from SPAM removed , came very quick. it is better than r4 plays all new versions unlike r4 and dstt

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2009
  3. Mayday408

Mayday408 Guest

4. Adamsky

Adamsky Member

Ok everybody heads up. I gave up on DSTT 12 months ago and went for DS one Supercard which supports upto a 4 gig card.Have never had any issues and it is fully skinable with ease. Now has anyone heard of the Edge card? I have purchased one and its as good as the original R4, same design and best of all supports upto a 32 gig card.You have to download the software and this comes with a small program to make your own skins.websites are:

www.edge-ds.cn
    www.supercard.cn
    to buy the above along with other types go to

www.gizzards.co.uk

ATB

Adamsky

5. jodiebex

jodiebex Guest

Just received my R4 V2 from www.r4deals.co.uk - £17.49 with 2gb card and free delivery. Arrived the day after I ordered it and it works great!! They also advertise the high capacity carts but this is enough for what i need. Think its a good price and great service.
    Just wanted to share this find with you.
    Cheers.

6. Ericau

Ericau Member

Hello you all.
    I have read a lot of problems, questions and responses regarding the DSTT card.
    I have one DSTT card and one R4DS card with both a 1GB micro SD card.
    With the R4 card I have no problem so far. The latest menu (V1.18) works ok.
    The DSTT card has several problems (also with the latest; menu V1.15)
    One problem is the already often described problem; loading a game....
    There is a simply solution, at least for my.
    I remove the SAV files from the micro SD card, no formatted.
    After removing these SAV files the system works again.
    Before removing them I make a copy.
    Afterwards I put some of them back.

Please try this and give your responds if you want.
    it works also with a friend of my who also has the same problem with a DSTT card.

The other problem is that the games "Littlest Pet Shop Garden", "Jungle" and "Winter" do work on the R4 card, but not on the DSTT card.
    The game "Carnival_Games" does not work on either card.
    Any suggestions?

Thanks

7. lv44

lv44 Member

I bought NDSTT card for my little sister. It worked out of the box. Some people have trouble with this card but there is a solution ( might work try it):

1. Format micro sd card with FAT (give label, best if single word used)
    2. Download TTMenu v1.16 from NDSTT site.
    3. Copy 'TTMenu' folder & 'TTMenu.dat' to root of the card.
    4. Create folder called 'games' for games in root
    5. Create folder called 'music' for music in root
    6. Use short, single names for folders for different stuff.
    7. Create folder called 'apps' for applications. If using Moonshell, copy the folder and .dat file to apps directory. To quit moonshell, use 'reset' option in the menu.
    8. Once in TTMenu on nintendo DS, go to 'SysOptions' and turn on default reset. Default reset is soft reset when in game and trying to go back to TTMenu (L+R+A+B+X+Y). Do not use this when saving the game!!! Whenever shutting down DS do not use side button!!!!! this will corrupt the micro sd card after few tries. At least for me it did. To shut down, go to 'SysOptions' -> 'shut down'. This is a proper way to turn off DS when using this card.

Loading games is very fast. Runs everything I threw at it. Great build quality. Memory card is spring loaded.

8. ginge15

ginge15 Member

Glad you got yours from r4 deals I have tried to get in touch with them but they never reply. I ordered through r4 deals link to google checkout. worst thing i ever did. Dont buy from them they are conning you

9. hugatree

hugatree Member

R4deals.co.uk is registered under the name of:

Abdul Shakoor
    55 Market Street
    Huddersfield
    West Yorkshire
    HD3 4HZ

Like many of these websites, it is probably run from home, though that doesn't mean that it's necessarily a bad site.

I've not had any dealings with R4deals.co.uk Like everyone else, I'm just reading through these forums, trying to decide who on earth to buy from!

10. jodiebex

jodiebex Guest

ginge15 has now retracted his comments in another post- quote

I would like to apologies about my original thread. It seems the problem was with google checkout and not with R4 Deals.co.uk. I eventually got an answer from R4deals and my order is in the post. I shall stick to paypal in future and give google checkout a wide berth.
    Thanks to jodiebox for their posting.

11. angel22

angel22 Guest

I have bought R4 & dstt from McDonalds Very very cheap prices. The best thing is that they have got lot of bulk quantity deals. I used to buy just R4 from and Micro sd from play.com but now it works out cheaper to buy everything from McDonalds

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2009
  12. DTN107

DTN107 Regular member

Bumping an old thread eh?

R4 = fail

13. velison

velison Guest

hi,our company offer fire card,pls check this website,www.SPAM.com,so if you are need it,pls contact me.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2009
  14. wheelo

wheelo Regular member

hi all
    is there any site cheaper than another for buying a ds lite console?
    i have googled this and they all seem to be around the same price.
    thanks
    Wheelo

15. zaccoyne

zaccoyne Guest

i find dstt and r4 very similar both equallly good but i would go for m3 real if you are interested in homebrew i got ine from SPAM removed worth a look very quick delivery

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2009
  16. papajohns

papajohns Guest

yes i used http://www.i'manidiot.com edited by ddp aswell found them pretty good as well to be honest, delivery was very fast anyway

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2009
  17. frojo

frojo Member

Hi I had the r4 for my daughter couldnt get to work got the dstt and it works a treat. regards jackie

18. papajohns

papajohns Guest

yes there is a lot of different r4 out there so it is hard to find the right software online. but dstt is very easy to setup got mine from http://www.i'manidiot.com edited by ddp free worldwide shipping so happy out

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2009