1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DTS CD No Sound on Surround Sound System?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by DonKilla, Jan 16, 2007.

1. DonKilla

DonKilla Member

Comming from a non-nerd as I don't know ANYTHING about this stuff. Here's goes..

- I happen to have some .M4a files that I uploaded onto my computer of a Beatles DVD (because I wanted to make a DTS CD backup without the picture)
    - I used iTunes to convert (decode) the M4a files to WAV files.
    - These files played on my computer, but there was a huge hissing sound.
    - I burned two copies onto CDs, one through iTunes itself and Roxio (usually works very well)
    - Put it into the DVD player and it read
    - Turned on the reciever and the volume... NOTHING!
    - Put the other CD in the reciever.. and... NOTHING!
    - I mean, the DVD player was working and reading the disc, but there was NO SOUND AT ALL.

Here's my system: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000H84L3W/dealtime-ce-feed-20/ref=nosim
    CLICK for Product Official Site

On the description, it states: "DTS, Dolby Digital and Pro Logic II surround sound
    A built-in DTS and Dolby Digital decoder eliminates the need for an external decoder by processing all six channels of audio information to provide a surround sound experience and an astoundingly natural sense of ambience and dynamic realism. Dolby Pro Logic II provides five channels of surround processing from any stereo source."

I don't get it.... Btw, this is my first attempt at burning a DTS audio CD. However, I've played DVD movies with DTS/5.1 Dolby before and it has always worked on this system.

Any tips on how? why? =\ I'm a bit annoyed..

Thanks in advance!

2. DonKilla

DonKilla Member

Any ideas, guys?