1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DTS encoding

Discussion in 'High resolution audio' started by nova74, Jun 4, 2004.

1. nova74

nova74 Member

Hello,
    I know DTS isn't exactly "High Res.", but I figured this may be the most apropriate place for my question.
    I have a DTS disc that was made from an original quadraphonic source. It's great, except for the bass being mixed WAY too heavy. What I want to do is separate the dts track into 6 separate WAV files, remix the levels, them reencode it into DTS. I think the easiest way to get the 6 separate WAV's is to just record them onto my computer one at a time, using the 6 channel analogue outputs on my SACD player, then sync them all up in a WAV editing porgram. Unless there is a program which will give me 6 WAV's from the dts track?
    What I really need is a program to encode the final dts track from the 6 separate WAV's. Are there any freeware programs? If not how about DD AC3? Are there encoding programs for AC3 if not for DTS?
    I'm not looking to do this for profit, it's only for my personal satisfaction. So if anyone could help me out that would be awesome.
    Thanks,
    Ryan

2. wilkes

wilkes Regular member

I know what you mean - I have a few of these too, and the quality is a bit "Hit & Miss".
    I cannot think of any freeware DTS decoders, but you may be able to find a ripper that will convert it all back into WAV form. It sort of depends if it is a DTS-CD (I suspect it is) or a DTS-DVD.
    If it is a CD, then the rerecording option is probably the best one.

There are a few DD apps, including BeSweet which a lot of people speak very highly of. I do not know it myself though, so cannot really help out too much.
    You may want to try this forum as there is a dedicated DTS section in there
    http://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/forum.php?

LOL

3. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

If you go to the audio forum at www.doom9.org they have threads on using BeSweet to encode DTS for DVD or DTS-CD (I think there are a couple of sticky threads about it in fact), but it still requires commercial software to do the actual encoding. If you find anythinge else/better I'd love to hear about it.

4. wilkes

wilkes Regular member

I have to admit I'm lucky enough to have the SurCode DTS-DVD encoder, as well as the Nuendo DTS encoder on order now. Should be here in 2 weeks max.