1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DTS WAVs burned to DVD instead of CD

Discussion in 'High resolution audio' started by mkny13, Aug 25, 2006.

1. mkny13

mkny13 Member

I have a few shows from bt.etree that I've sucessfully burned to cd-r and gotten great 5.1 output when playing them through my dvd player to my receiver. My thought is, since I have to play these through my DVD player anyway, why waste 3 cds when I could put them on 1 DVD instead?

No luck though. I have a copy of Audio DVD Creator but all I can produce is pink noise. I've tried every setting available on that program to no avail, so I guess I need to try another angle. Any suggestions? Is there another program I should be using (I have Nero, DVD Decrytor, etc.) or is what I'm trying to do just not possible?

Thanks in advance,
    Mike

2. wilkes

wilkes Regular member

Mike.

I am not at all sure that what you want to do is even possible.
    These files are fudged to look like 16/44.1 PCM Stereo. This is fine for CD, but DVD does not read a 44.1KHz sample rate - it uses the 48KHz family of sample rates instead.

You may be able to fix the headers, but this will almost certainly result in the stream playing back at the wrong speed.

3. mkny13

mkny13 Member

Ah, that would be a problem. Maybe I'll try and covnert them from 44.1 to 48KHz with dbpoweramp, but I'd be surprised if that works. Thanks for the response.

4. wilkes

wilkes Regular member

That won't work either - it's not really stereo LPCM at all, it's actually 5.1 discrete DTS with a faked header and a different sample rate allowing it to be burned to CD.