1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dual boot, operator error! Waaah :'(

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by rowski, Feb 23, 2007.

1. rowski

rowski Member

Hey
    A real problem here:
    I upgraded my computer to Vista [real copy bought for us by work] but some of the stuff on the pc doesn't work, like the freeview [dvb-t] tuner, sound card etc. I.e. the stuff we're not meant to have.
    Because of this, i decided to install XP on a hard drive partition. Created a partition and formatted it with vista drive manager -or similar? - and installed Windows XP [XP revalations if that makes sense to anyone, if not i shan't explain for possible legal implications :S i don't really know the rules on this site after all the software got taken off. . . ]

So XP installs, and computer restarts and then comes up with an error message "Error loading operating system". Christ only knows how bad that is. . .
    Any help at all would be greatly appreciated before Monday.

Much love everyone.

2. rowski

rowski Member

Boost! Of major importance i need this fixed in time for work on Monday.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Should i connect the HDD to another computer and wipe the partition i installed xp onto?

3. rowski

rowski Member

Okay so i've hooked up my hdd to this computer as a slave and wiped the partition i made for XP. Any ideas what to do next? I think the installation of xp on it has corrupted vista, as even though i've formatted the xp partition i made it still reads "error failed to load operating system"

Help . . .

Last edited: Feb 23, 2007