1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dual boot xp and vista on 1 hdd ??

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by bailey07, Feb 7, 2007.

1. bailey07

bailey07 Regular member

how do i do this because i have tried to partition my hdd but i already have files on there e.g. xp.I really would like to get my vista up and running but want to keep xp on the system too please help

Thanks.

2. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

It's not a very good idea to install two operating systems to a single partition...it's doable, but lots of problems can occur.

Partition Magic can help create additional partitions out of empty space.

3. JoshyBoy

JoshyBoy Regular member

Im Doing this.. except i have 2 HDD's, all you need to do is partition with Norton Partition (my experience its the best)then install vista onto the partition, in vista you can change and tweak the dual boot screen, setting defaults, time limits etc. tell me how u get on, good luck

4. tam2oo5

tam2oo5 Guest

Bailey, you better watch out with that one. Like morph said alota problems could occur and you could see your comp really taking a beaten running to OS on your machine. What sorta comp you got ? Much RAM ect

5. bailey07

bailey07 Regular member

i have installed vista now on my pc all workin fine with xp,used gnome partition editor 0.03 live from a free download.Got a dual boot very easilly done.

Thanks guys