1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dual dvdr ( + and - )

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by markydoos, Apr 9, 2004.

1. markydoos

markydoos Member

Does anyone know if there is a dual dvdr available ? if so how much are they and where can i get them , also would anyone know of a site or forum where it can tell you which dvd players can play which format ( + or - ), I would be grateful for some help !!

Regards

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

hi markydoos
    I dont believe there is a such a thing as a dual disc,if your meaning a + or - format,dual layer is coming out in the near future tho.
    try this chart to check out your players:http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers.php?DVDname=&Submit=Search&Search=Search&country=&orderby=Name
    good luck
    blaze on clubber
    jim
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]you should never take life too seriously....you'll never get out of it alive!!
    procrastinate now...dont put it off till tomorrow
    if you can read this..you dont need glasses.[/small]

Last edited: Apr 9, 2004
  3. Doohickey

Doohickey Member

If you use + media, another useful site complete w/ compatibility charts on players, drives, DVR's etc. is http://www.dvdplusrw.org
    Unfortunatly, as the url implies, there isn't much talk about - media there, but if you decide to go with + media, this is the site for you.
    Hope this helps ;)

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

markydoos,

Are you're sure that's what you want ?
    A dual DVD reader (Player)
    Why not buy 2 regular players and hook them up together ?

I think I can help you out there markydoos, at the top of this page there is a square that says "search". If you click that box yet another box will open up to your left. I know this sounds confusing but it's really not. NOW, in that box that just opened you'll find a white bar, if you type "dual dvd r" and then click "Search" you'll be taken to sites dealing with dual DVD RW's. (I'm sorry, I know that's not what you asked for, you asked for DVD R's only, but that's best the computer could do.) I've been there and the answers to all of your question are there and, there's nothing scary or that could hurt you there, I give you my word, really, Scout's honor.

I know you wanted us to do this for you but I believe in you. I think you can do it all by yourself. You have been here since Feburary 20th and I really feel by now you're ready - Give it a try there Big Guy, and let us know how you made out :p)

Best of luck,

Pete