1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dual Layer copying - Once and for all what is the BEST WAY?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by steve7777, Apr 4, 2005.

1. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

The culprit for those errors all point to media...

1. Try different brand of media
    2. Try clening your lens on the burner
    3. Defrag the hard drive (fragmented drives take longer to access)
    4. Download and install (and run) Adaware SE and/or Spybot S&D (spyware can interfere with burning)
    5. Make sure the drive firmware is up to date
    6. Try a different brand of DVDR. Oh I already said that, but I mean it!

:)

2. rlschneck

rlschneck Guest

thanks bbmayo, that's what i suspected.

i keep my .iso files on an external HD, and they are the only files on there. so do i really need to defrag? i am pretty tech savvy, but i admit that i do not know a lot when it comes to real technical stuff about computrons. my external hd connects via usb 2.0 and i have set it to be able to write cache in windows (optimize for performance). that's the best i can do, right? the burner seems to work just fine for every other functionality, but i just want to make sure that everything is working properly... i read a bunch of posts that said you should not install the drivers supplied by the burner's manufacturer, but instead, let windows (XP SP2) install them. but that's not what i did, i think that i installed plextors drivers and tools, but like i said, everything seems to work fine with the exception of the dual-layer discs failing at the rate of 1 out of every 6.

in any case, thank you for your reply!

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Try my point 1,5 and 6

Those should help you out..