1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dual Layer DVD Burn to Dual Layer DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Extremado, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Extremado

Extremado Member

Hi this is my first time using this forum so excuse me for any stupidity. I have just purchased a Dual Layer DVD+R Burner and am trying to backup Dual Layer DVD movies and/or Xbox/Playstation games to another Dual Layer Disk. To my minimal knowlege all I need to do is pop in a DVD to a DVD Rom, and then a blank into the Dual Layer Burner and then proceed to burn with software. From reading these forums, I am worried about wasting my $10 on a disk by my minimal knowlege of the subject. Also I am assuming all I need to burn the same type of media to the smaller DVD5's, I would just need DVD Shrink, and an update to my software, and or drivers for the device. Again if this has been previously mentioned I appologize in advance, any help on the subject would be greatly appriciated.
    Thanks
    Angel

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

*moved from dvd±r - one-click transcoding tools*

I would use DVD Decrypter instead. ISO Read, then ISO Write.

3. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

4. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Damn flip, your quick.

5. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

6. brobear

brobear Guest

With the DVD5 (4.7GB) and the DVD9R (8.5GB) discs so different in cost, about 40 cents compared to upwards of $10; I'd suggest using the 4.7 discs as much as possible. Most PS2 games fit on a DVD5.

For many of the DVD movies, a lot of forum members are using transcoder and encoder apps to shrink the movies to DVD5. Personally, I get excellent video quality from using RB/CCE and DVDCopy3. By the way, DVDCopy3 works with both DVD5 and DL recording (SVCD as well). DVD Shrink is handy for doing much of the movie transcoding as well, if one wants to use the freeware (it works with DVD5 and DVD9R). [bold]Only using the DL media when one has to can save a lot of bucks.[/bold] Maybe they'll get the dl prices down before it becomes obsolete.

DVD Decrypter does a good job and is free. For games, that is all some of my friends use. It's invaluable as a ripper for decrypting movies. However, I use AnyDVD as well for decryption, especially for movies. Decrypter is a decent burner, but I relegate it to backup status unless one needs a free burner app. Don't get me wrong. It does a good job. It's just that there are so many great recording suites with burner software. VSO's CopyToDVD and Nero's suite are 2 prime examples.

7. Extremado

Extremado Member

All of you guys are awesome I will take the advice and next time post on the proper thread, again you guys are the shit, thanks for the help.
    Angel