1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dual layer help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by markdav1s, Jan 15, 2005.

1. markdav1s

markdav1s Guest

i am going to purchase a dual layer burner later to day is there any recomendations for any? also is there any out at the minute that do multiformat +,- dual layer like the px-716A which i cant find in any shops yet plz help

2. brobear

brobear Guest

Plextor and Memorex. Memorex was a top pc mag pick and Plextor has been tops for a while.

3. brobear

brobear Guest

Forgot to mention. I own a Memorex dual format and it has been an excellent burner. If I was going to buy a burner today, it would be a toss up between the 2 I mentioned.

4. markdav1s

markdav1s Guest

thanks for the info i shall go and check them out is the anywhere to go so i can get a write up on these burners

5. brobear

brobear Guest

PC World and Computer Shopper have had some reviews. You can google and find a lot of info.

6. markdav1s

markdav1s Guest

i have looked at the plextor PX-716A and the shops say that it writes at 16X for DVD+R, 16X for DVD-R and 4X for DVD+R DL (Double Layer). The drive rewrites 8X DVD+RW and 4X DVD-RW it doesn`t say wether it writes in DVD-R DL can you tell me if it does

7. brobear

brobear Guest