1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dual layered dvd discs

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by girlweld, Oct 30, 2004.

1. girlweld

girlweld Member

I have been burning quite a few back up dvds recently, and thought I would treat myself to a 3 pack of 8.5 gb dual layer discs. To my surprise, nero does not acknowledge this disc, and repeatedly asks for a disc to be inserted as it states that the drive is empty. As these discs were quite expensive, and yes, I do have a dual layer burner (16x), I am somewhat frustrated with the problems I am having now. The burning program that I have been using is nero 6, with no problems till now. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

2. zippyd

zippyd Active member

3. andmerr

andmerr Guest

have you got dvd identifier.Run your disc through this and then post the results as to what it is then maybe we can get an idea of where to point you next

software description:
    Retrieves and interprets the pre-recorded information that is present on DVD+R/+RW, DVD-R/-RW and DVD-RAM media. This information contains a variety of parameters such as disc manufacturing information and supported write speeds

4. zippyd

zippyd Active member

Alright andmerr,
    I was trying to take the easy route. I've really got to get around to tinkering with Nero.

5. andmerr

andmerr Guest

shortcuts are fine but you are right need to tinker with nero

6. zippyd

zippyd Active member

When I first found this site I was on dial-up, so I really didn't want to mess with Nero monthly. I stumbled on Copy to DVD and have used it for burning ever since. But now I'm on cable so I don't have any excuses.
    I also thought that it might be easier for girlweld to use just one app for the whole process if (I'm assuming from the name) she was going to use dual layer media.

7. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

The latest Nero fully supports DL burning as does Copy To DVD (my favorite) :)

8. Xander420

Xander420 Member

Where can I find and/or who sells dual layered media? I know the burners are out there although I can't find the media anywhere! [bold]Please help![/bold]

9. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

10. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member