1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dual layered DVD to regular DVD-R media?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jamesmir, Jun 8, 2003.

1. jamesmir

jamesmir Guest

Ok, I've looked around here and maybe saw what I need to know but just not too incredibly sure.

I have just purchased a DVD burner so I can back up my childrens movies. I also bought DVDXCopy to do this. Every movie I have tried to burn so far is telling me to split it up on to two DVD's. Ouch! not what I want. Do I need to get a new drive or something?

2. Discmania

Discmania Active member

No it's not your burner. If you have DVDXCopy you should be entitled to download DVDXCopy Xpress also for no extra charge. That will enable you to put the movie only onto one disc everytime. Xpress automatically compresses the files from the original disc so as to fit on one whereas DVDX Copy does not compress and since most movies are more than 4.38Gb will only fit onto two discs. Hope that helps.

3. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

I used DVDXcopy once. Then I found methods that worked better for me:

#1:
    DVDdecrypter
    DVD2one
    Stomp RecordNow

#2:
    DVDshrink (does the job of DVDdecrypter and DVDshrink)
    Stomp RecordNow

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I checked it...you can get a free upgrade if you have purchased the DVDXCopy.

Kens method #1. Use it, it is very good. Otherwise, try Pinnacle Studio 8. You can do anything with it, nearly...

5. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

I agree:

DVD Decrypter
    DVD2One
    Nero

[ all is good in the world ]

6. jamesmir

jamesmir Guest

is there someone that can run through this process of using these other programs for me?

I did download the DVDdecrypter and looked at it but being the novice that I am, it looked all greek to me. Even looking at the web site with the file mode, IFO, ISO.....etc.

So if you can spare a little time, can you walk me through the best scenario/settings of burning a disc and getting the best quality out of it?

I appreciate all your help.

7. carlitob

carlitob Regular member