1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dual Layers?

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by deuce74, Mar 23, 2007.

1. deuce74

deuce74 Guest

I apologize for posting this topic twice. I posted in the wrong forum before because I'm a newbie and am hoping to get an answer here.
    Problem: Police Squad! The Complete Series
    I've made a couple coasters. Last one, loaded - stopped. Hit menu, Special Features, tried to watch an audition, it froze then stopped.
    My specs.:
    Windows XP Pro., Svc. Pk 2
    AMD Athlon Processor 1.66 GHz
    256 MB of RAM
    Sony DVD RW DRU-800A

Software:
    Ripit4Me
    DVD Decrypter
    ImgBurn

This isn't the 1st dual layer I couldn't backup. I haven't had any success with a dual layer, yet.
    Thanks for any help

2. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

Without knowing the brand(s) of the dual layer disks, it's hard to be certain, but if you read the forums you'll see that many, many people find that they have good results with Verbatim dual layer disks, after they have made coasters with other less expensive brands.

It may be a good idea to make sure you have the latest firmware in your burner, but then again it might not make any difference, and you may not feel happy flashing your burner. So try a Verbatim.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2007
  3. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Good advice from Indochine.

You got the right programs. Let ripit4me rip the files and clean them up. Don't open them in shrink. Open the files in ImgBurn and let ImgBurn build the ISO and then switch modes and let ImgBurn write(burn) the ISO to the DL disc. Let ImgBurn select the best layer break. Burn @2.4 on Verbatim DL +Rs and booktype them the DVD-ROM. That should get it.