1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dual monitor game setup

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by mx6string, Jan 8, 2006.

1. mx6string

mx6string Member

I have my ati radeon x700 pro running dual monitors, and I often play games such as counter strike source on one monitor and use the other for an internet browser or instant messeger etc. In order to change the focus from my game to the otehr monitor i have to ALT+TAB, thus minimizing my game unnecessarily in the process. my question is, s there a way i can move my mouse focus onto the other monitor without minimizing my game?

2. pfleck86

pfleck86 Member

I have the same card as you, and have you tried that "HYDRAvision" or whatever program/plugin thing? That might help, havent really rocked the dual monitors since back when it edited by ddp my system up for some reason...(faulty system probably)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2006
  3. mx6string

mx6string Member

Yeah so I'm not worried about trying out the whole dual monitor thing. Before I even got it hooked up My drivers and edited by ddp multimedia center drap got all screwed up. I updated the drivers to the newest version, and I got tons of new errors. So when I tried uninstalling them and going back everything got messed up edited by ddp. I used the uninstaller provided by the ATI website, but it didnt completely remove everything, it left behind tons of DLL's. So I tried driver Cleaner, and this still didnt help. Now I reinstalled my original drivers that came packaged with the Card, but on restart it said that "the multimedia center doesnt apper to be installed". So now I have multimedia center and "Remote Wonder" in my add/remove programs list, and it wont let me uninstall either of them!!!! Someone help, anyone had this problem? I've tried everything I can think of, even system restore.

I just want to wipe out everything ATI related from my hard drive and start over, anything short of reformatting.

4. mx6string

mx6string Member

Ok nevermind, got it all worked out. I tried putting in the original installation cd and exploring it for the uninstallers. It took about three of them, but I finally got it all out and reinstalled from scratch working fine now. Hope this helps anyone with a similar problem.

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

pfleck86 & mx6string, watch the language!!

6. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member