1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dual monitors/graphic cards query.

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by antispam, May 2, 2007.

1. antispam

antispam Member

Don't have any knowledge in this area but I'm curious as to the dual capabilities I have, if any in regards to using more than one monitor or monitor+tv

I have onboard graphics which is current disable and an ati radeon x550 card which has a DVI and VGA output. I'm currently using only the DVI output to my monitor. Can I make use of the VGA port at the same time? Could I use extended desktops by using VGA and DVI on 2 monitors? Or would it only act as a secondary screen limited to showing exactly what's on the main screen?

Stupid question finally, can you apply any of the above by dualing onbard graphics along with my card? Or can you run one and one only?

Cheers!

2. Nissan101

Nissan101 Regular member

yes with that card you can make use of two monitors

3. antispam

antispam Member

that includes extended desktop?

4. brad1150

brad1150 Member

It should be capable of extended. If you use Windows XP right click -> properties -> settings. If you have the other monitor plugged in ti should show 1 and 2. Click one of them. If it has one box greyed out and another unchecked and the unchecked one says "Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor", then click it and it should be dual screen.