1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dual monitors on work computer running XP

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by {TKO}, Mar 21, 2007.

1. {TKO}

{TKO} Regular member

We have an eMachines desltop at work. We track stuff online and need to be constantly opening one specific window all the time. My boss has decided that maybe we should get another monitor and just have that one window open all the time, and leave the other monitor for the day to day stuff. I first read that adding a second video card would do the trick(plus the monitor of course). But then I found THIS and "I" believe it'll do the trick. Am I right or am I barking up the wrong tree?

eMachines, Pentium 4 2.5 GHz, Intel Extreme Graphics 3D, etc...

2. {TKO}

{TKO} Regular member

Ok. Update. I got that adapter, installed it and no dice. It will NOT send the signal to the second monitor. So just for kicks, I installed it on another computer and it works just fine. I called tech support for the adapter to try and find out why. I get, "Sorry, that happens sometimes and we don't know why." CLICK. Yes, just click. No further assistance, no "thank you for calling". Nothing. So, is the second video card my best option now? What do I need to look for?

Thanx.