1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dualview using VGA and DVI?

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by Hei2, Dec 22, 2007.

1. Hei2

Hei2 Member

I've been thinking about setting up my computer for dualview over the past month and have not been sure about it. My graphics card is an ATI Radeon 9550 that supports dualview. My motherboard doesn't fully support my video card since it runs at an 8x speed while my motherboard runs at 4x. I have a VGA and a DVI port, but none of my monitors run off of DVI. I went to Office Depot to buy an adapter for DVI to VGA, but while I was there one of the employees told me that running two different video signals off one video card would give me absolutely terrible results that would ruin my video card and then my motherboard from there on. His advice was to get a second video card, but I realized later the man had no idea what he was talking about. I wanted to know if it's completely safe for me to be running dualview with the adapter, while keeping in mind that my motherboard doesn't fully support the video card. Help would be greatly appreciated.

2. macblob

macblob Member

Almost one month later....
    I have a Envision GL19 monitor, PVR-150 and a Gforce 7300 video card with 3 outputs:

1. DVI
    2. SVGA
    3. S-video

I have yet to get the DVI and SVGA to co-exist with my computer and the S-video.

The S-video goes to the 32" TV. When I use the Control panel to switch from GL19 to TV, I have to look on the TV for anything on my computer because my GL19 goes blank.