1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Duel Layer back-up help needed

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by bsmall, May 5, 2007.

1. bsmall

bsmall Member

I have just made some coasters trying to back up a movie onto one dics using TDK DVD+R Double layer data/video 2.4 x8.5 GB disc. I tried Nero Recode, it appeared to work, but at the end it write failed. I tried Clone CD burning on the fly useing a Pioneer 106 single layer burner, to a Mitsubishi dvd duel layer rewriter in my laptop, and that did the same thing. Neither dvd's would load in either of my dvd players or my two laptops. I have just installed a Plasma and surround sound, and want to renew my back-ups without having to use comprression.
    Please help

2. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

Use Imgburn instead,it's free,reliable for burning dual layer as well as single layer media and very easy to use.

Vincent.

3. bsmall

bsmall Member

Thanks ty4eva
    but I really need a guide, I did also try Imageburn, but it said I had to change settings to iso build, and I couldn't get anything happing. I would like to use a Nero Program I have Nero 7 Premium, But I wonder if its to do with my Reader or writer, maybe I have to use the duel layer burner as the reader also when ripping, has anyone further help they can offer?

4. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

If you don't know how build the iso in Imgburn,me too i don't know how because i simply use DVDDecrypter to rip the iso then use Imgburn to burn.I guess you too you could do the same.I had a friend who tried to burn a dual layer media using nero and he got 2 to 3 coasters but when i told him to use Imgburn,it went fine for him as from the first try.

Vincent.