1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dumb-Ass Newbie Questions: DVD Copy Plus

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Ballzo, Oct 13, 2002.

1. Ballzo

Ballzo Guest

Just started my venture with DVD Copy Plus ripping movues in VCD format. While this program is just a collection of other companies' tools, it works well with a great tutorial. Point is the software is a great start... Now:

1) Is there any way to rip special effects/directors cuts etc. using VCD? Can someone point me in the direction of a FAQ or program that does this?
    2) I noticed some movies that I'm backing up are presented in full screen, yet DVD Copy Plus records them in letterbox. Is there any way to change that?

Hey, I appreciate the help. Thanks.

Ballzo

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

When you're ripping the dvds to the hard drive, you usually only take the movie. Look at some of the other .vob movie files on your disk.

Play the VTS_03_1.VOB file and see if its the start of the extras! If it is, rip all the vts_03 files and convert them to vcd just like you did the movie!!

Now I dont use dvd copy plus so your going to have to tell me what program they use to finally convert to vcd before i can answer the letterbox question

3. Ballzo

Ballzo Guest

Smashing.... Thanks.

DVD Copy Plus is composed of three tools:
    1)Smart Ripper 2) DVDx 3) CDRWIN.
    This is starting me in the right direction...

Ballzo

4. theprays

theprays Guest

Since I am a newbie, I believe this is an appropriate question for this thread. I almost purchased the DVD Copy Plus 4.2 software today but I would like to know if it would be worthwhile. Two questions...Does it work? Is there another program(s) that you would give a higher recommendation? Thanks.

5. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Use free sets of tools instead. Visit our article section for ripping guides and you find the download links for all the free tools used in the guides.

6. theprays

theprays Guest

Thank you. You may have just saved me $50 :)

7. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Donations are welcomed ;-)

8. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Ha ha ha lol dRD. I wouldn't have even thought of saying that!!