1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dumb Ass Sellers!

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Dela, Aug 20, 2004.

1. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

One thing that really annoys me about sellers of pirated material these days is how untalented they really are + the fact they saource their material from the net.

In Ireland, all over the place, these idiots are driving around selling movies from the net, anything from 10 to 30 euro. A friend of mine bought 3 from one of the guys and I got them to verify they came from the net. This is what I found out....

The movies were fahrenheit 9/11, Ladykillers and The football factory.

Ladykillers was from the esoteric telesync, only the audio was worse from whatever dumb transcoding they did. It also skipped a lot on playback.

Fahrenheit 9/11 was in fact the POT cam release of the movie, non standard DVD of course. Also skipped and throw horrible blocks all over the screen every few minutes.

The worst was the football factory..... It was a re-encode of an xvid release it seems, only it was 4:3 from a 16:9 source, video was arranged to stretch. The audio seems to have become Mono, and is out of sync. Alsdo the disc was just 3GB so thats a bad encode. Checked the discs too and as i guessed, they were all Princo DVD-R's.

I really hope they all get caught, I know they are making a lot of money off material that is not meant to be sold! But when you go door to door selling, you only have so long before you're caught!

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

They should be able to give them extra time in jail for selling faulty products :p

3. john179

john179 Active member

The main problem with pirated dvd's is everybody seems to buy them.I have loads of friends who purchase them off the market.These are always poor quality taken from the pictures.Most of my friends who purchase them buy them again when they come out on general release dvd if they really liked the film.Some ask why the quality of the films i back up which i own are better than the ones they purchase.I have told them time and time again the films they purchase come from a camcorder.But as they still purchase them i guess it does not matter to the quality of the film these guy's sell.If they keep selling who cares is there attitude.I think even if i was broke and i had no other way of making a living which will never happen.I would still have to sell quality if i had no other option to feed myself and family.These guys who sell on markets are sad guys who do not know the first thing about backing up a movie and sell what ever crap is thrown at them in bulk regardless of the quality.As long as it is new out there are many mugs who will purchase.Me if it is something i can not wait to watch i will take the wife to the movies for a night out.Other wise i will wait for the dvd to come out and either rent or purchase to view depending on how good the film is.
    John179

4. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

at least throw in a bag of popcorn.

5. john179

john179 Active member

No thats going over the top the wife would complain i was spoiling her

6. gozilla

gozilla Regular member

interesting thread, at first i thought you were refering to [bold]Peter Sellers[/bold] as being a dumb arse, but regarding Bootlegged DVD sellers, they are a bunch of arseholes.