1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dummy files

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by nrosrgn, Sep 22, 2004.

1. nrosrgn

nrosrgn Guest

First off, not sure i'm in the right forum for this, feel fre to move it if i'm not :)

I've been toying around with dvd creation, authoring, etc etc for a while and it occured to me i really don't like seeing wasted space on some dvd backups i made of some compilations i've put together. What my question is if I can create a dummy file to take up the remainding space on the dvd-r when I burn it (or pre-burn even). I know SEGA Dreamcast did this with their CD+G format few years back (just a point of reference in terms of idea)

Anyway, if this is possible, I'd definitely like to know how. My line of thought was creating a fake vob or something that isn't read but takes up space. But that's just my thoughts...

Thanks!

2. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

I don't know of a way to put in a "blank video"... but if you filled it with a vob file (whatever file you like) and then didn't link to it...I guess that would do it.
    Just make its VOB number higher than the real ones.
    Don't know if this would work... just an idea.
    Adder.

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

You're serious?

I imagine you're best bet would be some sort of authoring program like DVD Lab.

4. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

Me or him, Nephilim?? ;)

I'm not sure why you would bother filling up a disc...if you aren't going to use it, then let it go free!

St.

5. Nephilim

Him, we posted at the same time :)

6. nrosrgn

nrosrgn Guest

yep I'm serial...er serious :) Reason - because I want to lol Just thought it would be interesting to try.

7. Nephilim

I'm not sure how you'd create a dummy VOB but an authoring program will allow you to integrate it into your project :)