1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dumpster diving !

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Digerati8, Jul 6, 2005.

1. JVC

JVC Active member

Just wanted to say [bold]"Merry Christmas"[/bold] to all you charter members of the Dumpster Diving Society.
    I hope Santa does the diving for you, on Christmas eve, and brings you plenty! :eek:)

2. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

SolShrike- Kinda takes all the fun out of it don't it ? Also takes the ever present aroma of EU de Garbage out of it too ! So I guess As long as you end up with the cases all's well that ends well ! nailedny we know your secretly knitting a winter WONDERWOMAN costume ! OooooHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Real Angora!!! how can something so soft come off a old goat LOL!Hope you have a warm and prosperous Holidays ! and to everyone May I echo our Pontificating PROPHETIC Potentate Of Plastic JVC! " Merry Christmas" to all you charter members of the Dumpster Diving Society.
    I hope Santa does the diving for you, on Christmas eve, and brings you plenty! :eek:) May your Dumpsters be full of cases , Free DVD's & games and completely free of garbage Except nice cardboard boxes to put them in!may they be safe and clean & critter free = BEES, WASP"S SPIDERS , RODENTS ECT ! And may the BB staff not know you were even there until your gone & home ! SAFE DIVING , HappY Hunting ! Happy BUrning ! " FREE IS FREE " Peace! & 1 to beam up!

3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

just passing, thought i'd tune in for the latest episode of Dumpster Diving, glad to see it's still going strong..

4. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

creaky- who Could leave Friends Like these ! Glad your keeping your Seafaring Eye on us Creaky ! Besides we've Already got A village Idot Me! LOL! So we have to always have a place for The Village Elder & wiseman ! Enjoy , BURN & prosper! Peace & Happy Holidays !

5. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

@BIGTOXY69 - lol, i'm on dry land for most of this week, but will be back on the ocean waves soon.

keep up the good work guys/gals

6. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

creaky- Righty Right -as opposed to Righty Left ! I guess LOL!
    " IN THE MMORTAL WORDS OF DA' KINGFISH !" I denies the allegation and confounds the Alligator! toy boat toyboat ! Just kidding! glad you 're hanging in creaky! not a not much of a sailor myself other then the few and far between fishing trips !But i can understtand the lure of the sea! Just something peaceful & calming about being on the water (most times anyway) but I'm sure you know that feeling far bettter than I ! Good luck !, Smooth sailing! , Happy Holidays & happy Burning!

7. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

DOUBLE -HEADER!!!!!

Okay gang here goes nothing ! went a roaming & diving sunday checked 4 BB 's even one I never checked before found one one spiderman 2 poster at the one that almost never has cases in the dumpster ! then found 85 cases at one of my regular producing BB dumpsters ( normally 20-30 at this spot) so not a bad day ! Went again today hit 1 BB and got 50 cases & 2 dvd's that were unscathed - still had the lock stick yellow thingie in the cases ( Hard to get those lil' buggers out too ! BRIDE OF CHUCKY & THE SHINING! lot's of the cases today had the dvd's inside but the dvd's were demilled by scratching them with a kniife or nail or whatever ? almost tempted to buy one of them resurfacers if it would work on these? anyway have to work now Lead Zombie on the Grraveyard shift so Happy Trails Yo. Bye now!

8. nailedny

nailedny Guest

way to go Big. Way too cold to dive here. It is going to be 15 wapping degrees today. Snow too. Hope my stash holds old for the winter. But the first nice day I will be out there. Keep us posted on your findings, they're always good for a laugh. hahaha

9. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

nailedny- Cold here too just not as much as NYC ! Left out some details about Sunday's Child ! sunday when I was getting the clear plastic Bag Du Garbage out of the dumpster! with the 85 cases in it too the bottom of the bag ripped open and dvd cases went all over the parking lot ! well at least about 15 or so did including some random garbage ! People were coming and going in & out of the BB but no one told me anything so I rounded up the runaway cases & sorted thetrash out for the rest then redumpstered the gargage! if that is really a word ! just a minor embarrassment ! lol! Anyway all this cold weather will give you more time to knit your Angora wONDERwOMAN costume ! Who would've thought an old goat cold feel so soft!!!!!!!!!! The material I mean lol! Best wishes and Holiday Happiness to you & Everyone ! Peace & happy Burning !

10. neodave

neodave Regular member

Well it is a -5 windchill and snowing here right now. But my obsession got the best of me. I found 30 of the lockable bb cases this morning. Now the question is do I go through and clean my new cases or shovel the driveway??? Oh well I'm heading back outside.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2005
  11. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

neodave- now if only I could get one of them lock removers I could open the locked cases that they throw out without destroying the case

12. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

neodave& NailedNY - Neither rain nor SLEET , wind nor snow , Nor darkest night shall stave theese couriers from their appointed rounda! LOL!

Last edited: Dec 8, 2005
  13. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ !!!! I know your there I can hear you breathing ! LOL! Hope all are doing well ! I have'nt been to the Dumpster Universe in a while Because as NAILEDNY would put it it's Cold & wet !!! I do cold & I do wet But I don't appreciate them both at the same time if I can help it !!!! And yes I know I'm the the one that( Posted ) Pun intended the Postal service motto " Neither rain nor SLEET , wind nor snow , Nor darkest night shall stave theese couriers from their appointed rounda! LOL! " So Sue me LOL! I will try to Make a dumpster run today !! have to bring Bro! in-law to the VA Clinic !! actaully to the vet ! As he's a 3 toed sloth LOL!!! They have to fit him for a Special Sloth Shoe for his 3 toed foor!! So after we get him all SHOE"D up we going to dive weather permitting ! and will upadte this post If anythings worth reporting ! Good Luck, safe diving, HAPPY HUNTING,HAPPY BURNING ! & "free is free "

14. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Okay Boys and Girl !!!

12/15/2005 - Brought The sloth to the vet !! LOL! VA clinic did'nt have his shoe so they'll call when it's in ! Checked my regular dumpster @ BB and found 8 dvd cases and seven CD albums by various artist all with the cd in them & intact! so not the greatest of hauls but hey "FREE IS FREE " SAY"ETH the JVC !! LOL! The dumpster was wet & had pizza leftovers & beer bottles in it ! I used my Gopher ! Grabber stick like oldster's use to reach for or pick up things with ! worked good a little clumsy but I did'nt get wet & stinky so that's cool ! Well thought you'd want to know ! Will try again another day ! Good Luck , Happy Hunting, Safe Diving ! < Happy Holidays & Happy Burning! CIAO!

15. JVC

JVC Active member

[bold]MERRY CHRISTMAS![/bold]
    If saying Merry Christmas offends you, so be it. I'm sorry................
    [bold]MERRY CHRISTMAS![/bold] to all the dumpster divers, and everyone else!

16. nailedny

nailedny Guest

Thanks JVC. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good nite.......

17. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Merry Christmas Everybody & Razzleberry dressing ! LOL! Or happy whichever holidays you observe ! Go in peace !

18. Fiji5555

Fiji5555 Member

Went to Wally World today and saw their black cases for DVD's and that got me thinking about this thread so.........I ride over to Block Buster and look in their dumpster (which is small and opens on the side) and dug out a trash bag which appeared to have some cases inside....put them in my truck and drove home.......I got 58 cases.......2 of which were the double ones, 5 green and 1 white and one DVD left inside.....Disney's Air Bud World Pup ..lol........figure it was well worth the trouble huh? Thanks JVC for letting us know about this and Merry Christmas to you and everyone here on the forums.

19. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Fiji5555- Your Jedi Traiining has begun ! You have done well young Jedi! Jvc Has turned another one to the Dumpster-side! PEACE 7 happy HOLIDAYS1

20. buckysabi

buckysabi Member

I just went into OfficeMax and purchased their 100 pack of slim cases. They are currently buy one get one free.

$25/100
    $25/200 with sale.

Bucky