1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dumpster diving !

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Digerati8, Jul 6, 2005.

1. mackdl

mackdl Regular member

For the not so brave, some Costcos in Canada have a 50pk of regular dvd cases for under $15. I can't recall the exact price (I think $13.99).

Excellent haul Smacks! The thrill of the hunt, love it!

2. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

mackd- Good to know also You can often pick up the VERBATIM slim type DVD cases at samsclub. Depending on whats in stock at the time you can get 25 ct. cases for $ 6.47 or so 50 Ct . for $12.00 & change or a pack of 100 for $24.00 & change ! Before Jvc Baptized me into the DDDCRS= Dumpster Diving DVD CASE RETRIEVAL SOCIETY ! That was what I used & they are really very good actually ! But as our potentate of Plastic JVC says "FREE IS FREE " & that beats any sale price I know of! Have Been checking the dumpster but seem to be in a dry spell for now ! But I refuse to give up the quest ! thanks for the info mackd & Dive safe , happy Burning & have a Nice day LOL!

3. Smacks

Smacks Member

Another good haul in the world of dumpster diving. 33 DVD, 5 double, 2 white, 1 pink, 24 green, 13 BB lockables, 24 playstation, 8 gamecube, 35 VHS, and 3 UMD (a first time find) for a total of 148 cases. I even found the game Halo for the x-box. They even threw in a full box of sharpies for me this week. Toxy you might have to relocate if the dry spell doesn't let up. Maybe their just stacking them up in the backroom and one day you'll find the dumpster overflowing with cases. You'd faint. Good Luck everyone and Happy Diving.

4. nailedny

nailedny Guest

Smacks,
    And....................a partridge in a pair tree!!!!!

5. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Smacks- I sure hope so- To be fair have'nt had a chance to dive as much lately ! & when I have either wifey was with = WWW or dumpter was freshly dumped ! or Full of only garbage ! But being a Stuborn Coon ass ( read Cajun !) I refuse to give up the good fight ! You've Been doing great Smacks! keep it up ! And to our resident female compatriot NailedNY - There talking about Lindsay LOHAN for the WonderWoman movie ! You can take her right ? LOL! and one final Thought ! " RAZZLEBERRY DRESSING " God Bless Us everyone ! We're gonna need another timmY! Happy Hunting & Safe DIVING !

6. JVC

JVC Active member

I made a small haul this morning. I got:

1 white case
    7 clear cases
    12 lockable cases
    1 original double case
    3 game cases
    6 original cases

for a total of 30 cases. Not bad, but not what I was hoping for. I was hoping to get several original double cases. I only have a couple left. The one original double I got, was one of those that has the snap down locks, on the edge. I'm not crazy about those, but I can live with it. :eek:)
    Good luck to y'all!

7. Smacks

Smacks Member

Not a bad day today. I got 68 dvd, 1 grey, 7 white, 18 green, 11 PSX, and 8 BB lockables for a total of 113 cases. I was in kind of a hurry this morning and forgot my flashlight. Oh well, my cell phone is pretty bright so i used it to illuminate the dumpster a little bit. Happy Diving Everyone.

8. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Smacks- & All the dumspterkateers - great going ! still in a slump But have'nt abandoned the ship ! I think I may have to expand my blockbuster territory further out ! Now to justify the drive Shopping further out ! I know there is a Blockbuster a few miles from the old sams & it has produced pretty good no big halls but some already boxed up & ready to go ! Continued good luck & Happy Easter to all & everyone else God bless !

9. Smacks

Smacks Member

I've made two dives recently and have come out pretty good. A week ago I managed to bring in 81 cases but that isn't nothing compared to this morning. 207 DVD, 16 double, 1 clear, 5 white, 1 purple, 9 green, 57 psx, 58 BB lockables and 1 vhs for a total of 355 cases. That's the most I've ever taken in one haul. I'm also glad to say this was my 11th dive and I've got over 1300 cases. Just a little over two months of work had paid off pretty good. Hope everyone else is doing good to. Happy Diving!!!

10. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Smacks- yOU gO BOY !

Great Going - Have'nt hit myself in qiute sometime still looking but either empty dumpsters ! Full of trash & nothing else or freshly dumped ! in my defense I will say with fuel being so high I'm not getting t o go as often so that night be it too ! May have to expand my territory ! well Keep the candle burning My friend & continued good luck ! dive safe & dive smart ! Kudos!

Last edited: May 1, 2006
  11. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Good News

My dumpster diving drought has officially ended ! went Diving last Tuesday @y local Blocckuster ! With my recent luck expected either Just trash or an empty dumpster but low and behold a small cache of cases in the now infamous clear platic bag ! so I rescued them quickly from landfill obscurity & stuffed them all into a handy cardboard box ! When I had opportunity to do a count I had 47 cases !ot a big haul I know ! but as our Resident Potentate of Plastic & Lord high everything else ! JVC would say "FREE IS FREE " & after com ing up dry for ages I am happy to find that many ! I estimated about 30 by eyeballing my catch ! so I'm 17 to the good as for as I can see ! Don't give up , Don't Give in!, Never surrender ! and to all our little DUMPSTERKATEERS! Keep up the good work Smacks , NaliedNY !, & everyone else - Until then LIve free & Dive !

12. nailedny

nailedny Guest

Way to go Big!!!! Yeah!!! I took a dive yesterday and got about 20. I've been dery for a LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG time too. I'll check out 2 more tomorrow. Great Job Smacks!!

13. mord

mord Regular member

its mostly blockbuster where you guys get covers from right? and the good day to go would be wednesday morning since new movies are out on tuesday?

14. Draugr

Draugr Member

I've been reading a lot of these posts about BB dumpster diving.. Sounds like a great idea.

Is it illegal in any way? Although dumpster diving isn't below me, I can't imagine calling my parents from a police station for stealing trash. Lol..

15. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

mord- You would thinkso my friend but atleast @ my local Blockbusters It's a yes /no proposition! sometimes WED. is a good day ! sometimes not ! Sometimes it's a thursday ! or saturday ! I've even gotten a big load or three on Sundays & fridays Basically it depends on if they dump them bye two's & fews or en- masse! So I check them whenever I'm by blockbusters just incase no matter what day of the week it is. But WED. is a Good day To check as well !Well thanks for your input & help mord! & happy Burning -Safe diving!

16. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Draugr- Start on page seven of this thread It covers ( Pun intended) what you are asking somewhat !

17. Smacks

Smacks Member

Another good day for dumpster diving. I got 109 New,81 BB lockables, 21 PSX, 6 double, 3 white, 1 clear, 17 green, and 8 VHS for a total of 246. I even found a copy of Fun With Dick and Jane in mint condition. This dive puts me in at over 1500 cases so far.

Mord-If you do a little bit of reasearch and find out what day the trash gets hauled away and dive one day before that. At my BB's the trash gets hauled on Monday mornings, so I dive on Sunday. That way I don't miss anything. I get all the cases they've thrown out for the whole week. Also it seems to be true that there will almost always be one big clear bag that has almost all cases in it. This is the one you want and most other bags in there will only yield a few cases. Good Luck Mord and if you start diving let us know how you do.
    Happy Diving everyone.

18. Geroid04

Geroid04 Member

Wow im gonna have to go check out my local blockbuster's dumpster only problem is i live in Mount Morris Michigan and all the closest stores are in flint michigan... i usto live there and if you ever seen F9/11 you'd have gotten a smal glimpse on how shitty it is and if anyone seen me looking in a dumpster i'd probably be getting questioned aboud a missing person on something.

19. nailedny

nailedny Guest

Hey guys!!! Did a little dive this morning myself. Haven't been to these 2 in a long time. The first one I only got about 15 and they smelled like syrup. BUT free is free. A little sticky too. The second was I hit big. A ton of vhs cases that I kicked aside, then boxes and baqs full of dvd covers. There was so much trash that I jumped in and searched around. I have not counted them yet but there is a lot of them. I found my fist red case. Love it. I also got a very cute light pink one that I will put my favorite movie in so I can spot it from across the room.
    Way to go smacks! I'll give you the count later..................

20. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

da dum da dum ! WONDERWOMAN ! - You go girl !