1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dumpster diving !

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Digerati8, Jul 6, 2005.

1. 21Q

21Q Regular member

the one that has amd has a duron 800mhz, 370mb of ram, i'll provid a pic to prove im not lieing

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

i believe you. was hoping you might have got a higher 1, that's all.

3. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Yeah Buddy !

Regardless you've done well Young Padawan! LOL! or as our Resident Potentate , Grand Poobah & Lord High everything -else Of Dumperster-diving JVC would say " FREE IS FREE " Good luck & happy Hunting ! & Dive Safe CiaO!

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

in answer to the sticky question - i follow this avidly as some of you know, looks like ddp is still with it too. Threads such as this are as good as stickies as everyone keeps the thread alive thus making stickying unnecessary

5. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Rumors of my demise are premature ! LOL!

Lately -last 2 or three dives have been like that old star of western movies SLIM PICKENS !Abou 2 trips ago I found 2 cases with one being a double ! small potato's I know but better than nothing ! I won't give up ! productive dives seem to run in cycles around here! you hit really good and then Bumkiss /zip ! Have a vacation coming up so may get to go more often & increase my odds ! Ya' never know ! And might I say Good to hear from you Creaky ! All things in Moderation ! LOL! Smooth sailing Creaky & Safe diving everyone Ciao!

6. anubis66

anubis66 Regular member

well i found a toolbox with tools inside and random electrical things, aswell as bicycle greese. also, a bag of some rubberbands and a perfect jar for making hash.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2006
  7. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

On my way to work this morning, I saw a dumpster with two small mahogany end tables in perfect condition; wouldn't even need to refinish them. I need a couple too but alas, I'm not as young as I was and carrying two end tables around wasn't practical. They were really nice, too.

8. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Well - I'll be making my sunday run to the grocery & to get gas for the pickup ! so being there's a VideoUsa close to the gas station I might as well make a little lookie -Loo ! while I'm in the area . I like the location I can drive right near the dumpster ! Only Found cases there once but made a pretty good haul that time ! And being this will be way before the store opens I should'nt be disturbed ! Good luck everyone & happy Hunting !

9. sniper78

sniper78 Regular member

Hmm well I was reading stuff on this last page so are people going to stores like best buy, staples, etc and just looking in dumpsters? Where I live there's every usa store u can think of. Theres also a frito lay chips distrubution center that throws away day old chips or not even that. I come out with about 10-15 bags for parties on the weekends. Live dumpster divers!

10. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

sniper78- Kinda Sorta -not exactly - Or to steal a Lyric from a KraftWerk Song " Maybe , PerHaps , Yes !" The thread Originally Was mainly concerned about People /members /afterdawners Checking out the Dumpsters @ their Local Video Emporium ( Blockbuster ) usually to Scrounge DVD Cases for their Burns /Backups And to Quote The Illustrious JVC ! Who Instigated, Infatuated , and otherwise infected many here at this posting with Idea of Dumpster diving ! " free is free " When it comes to diving for cases, Dvd's Games ect... Or as Forest Gump That Great American said " it's like a box O' chocholates - Ya' never know what'cha gonna Get ?" Which is part and parcel of the lure or charm of this activity (Dumpster Diving ) And Somewhere along the line the postings sorta Mutated into people finding Computers , WaterPipes /HOOKAH'S and other sundry and semi -unusual useful items ! ... Although the main focus remains as stated above - I supposed as long as the post is relevant to the topic atleast in some way in general atleast it should be posted here ! And sniper78 if you get a chance to check out some of the earlier post you may find them Educational , Witty & occasionaly Down right Funny as well as the members who posted them ! I hope this cleared up a little of the story of this post and explained somewhat about it for you and those who stumble into our Little Dumpster of Doom ! LOL! Good luck sniper78 & Safe Diving !!! CIAO!

11. sniper78

sniper78 Regular member

Thanks man.

12. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Last dive I made I saw a PS-2 I got it to look at but someone had surgery-eed on it so I threw it back ! still coming up dry on the dvd cases lately but I refuse to give up LOL! REfUSE -dumpster ! I made a funny LOL! and speaking of Dumping well ....Bye Now !

13. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@BIGTOXY69 et al....I hate the fact that I've no dumpster to dive in, still, I feel so at home here in this thread playing with my friends in the trash. Have a nice holiday to all my U.S. friends and a happy Monday to all!

14. 21Q

21Q Regular member

That poor ps2, you should shipped to me, i could of used to fix my fat ps2

Last edited: Oct 9, 2006
  15. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

gerry1- That's okay ! you don't Have to be a Sand crab to play in the sand do you !? So be welcome and join us here anytime ! No dumpsters ? Where do you live at Outer east Mongolia somewhere? I live so far in the sticks that we get sunlight in care packages on alternate thursdays ! and sometimes the truck is late LOL! And we have atleast 6 videostores within 30 miles of where I am! And anyway you could also try the other approach ! ( Social Engineering ) or as normal folk call it B'S' ing you way into dvd cases at the video store ! it has been known to work too ! 21Q I'll keep an eye out if it's not gone I'll get it ! well gang good luck & safe diving !

16. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

A new first ?

Was trying to sleep , well I was sleeping ! & I had this dream . it was early Morning & I was going to walmarts It was'nt open yet but their was a crowd . I was jammed up in the middle of it and someone tried to pick my pocket . The store opens and it's huge -Superwally-time ! And I'm barefoot too ? I'm wandering around the store and there's all kinds of food/ dining areas pastries and whatnot... but I'm really hungry I don't wantany of that I want breakfast! I find the breakfast-bar and it's crowded & people are enjoying their breakfast But I can't get anyone to serve me ! all the cooks/waitresses /staff are either on break or getting off work ! I wander about the dining area /breakfast bar and I end up in the warehouse ! there are several garbage bags on the floor they appear to be filled with Dvd Cases/games /movies ? with the covers intact ! I tried to pick up the first one but the bag starts to break . I look around and can't find an empty bag and when I look bag a girl has taken the bag the was breaking except now it's a mesh sack like onions come in ! I find another bag of cases but it's not as full ! But the wierd thing is the bag is Lime Green/ Booger green like the game cases ! I grab the bag & figure that I can't walk out through the store so I exit the loading bay to put the bag in my truck . I don't know if I got to my truck because I woke up after that ? I was still barefoot and hungry though ! Ironically this was one of my more coherent dreams ! not as fellini-esque as some of them are and more sensible in that it not a bunch of seemingly unrelated events like my dreams normally are . least the 1's I remember ! Guess I should eat something and maybe I can finish the dream ? LOL ! see ya's in lala land ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2006
  17. 21Q

21Q Regular member

wow, the wackiest dream I had was my destroying my computer, I hope that doesn't happen if I sleep walk, cuz on time I woke up an i was in the bathroom.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2006
  18. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

21Q - Best can be said about that is " Don't go there " LOL!

19. 21Q

21Q Regular member

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I found a PROJECTOR, A good one, In my School Garbage Tonight, 10/13/06
    who's says friday the 13th is bad luck, It works too!!!!, Now I'm gonna clean it and fumagate and then test it on my computer. I love school.

btw can this please be stickied?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2006
  20. sniper78

sniper78 Regular member

sweet i should start going to the school dumpsters, but all the old ibooks are prolly gone. But a projector? Man I am still looking for one of those. Thats awesome man. I get most of my electronics from the school admins in there i.t. office and i just ask em like you use this or need it? I've goten routers, apple wireless airports, tons of broad band cord, old laptops, broken ibook g4s that are easy fixers that they dont want to deal with, freyed chargers, misc cords, software. It's kool what you can get these days for free.