1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dumpster diving !

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Digerati8, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Phyco_Can

Phyco_Can Guest

so basically dumpster diving night of the year??

2. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Black Friday is the "Official" Start of the Christmas shopping season.many stores have insane earlybird hours (5 AM or so..but some malls are now opening at midnight tonight to start even earlier)and equally insane specilas on certain merchandise. Many larger chains use this weekend as a barometer of how successful the holiday season will be for them, a kind of stick the toe in the water approach. Heavy sales, order more merchandise, poor sales, sack the buyer and start slashing the retail price on the remaining stock, Panic sets in about Dec 15th when whatever is still on the shelves get wickedly reduced in price to get it out the door.

3. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

My family solved the problem ages ago; nobody buys anybody anything. We all get together for dinner and have a good time but presents are not in the picture. Parents buy stuff for the kiddies...that is it. Was agreed upon way before my birth. Its worked out great. I get my christmas bonus in two weeks and I've only got one person to spend it on...ME!

4. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Gerry in the words of the united states postal service : Does it have teeth ? Meow baby oh!' Behave !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. sniper78

sniper78 Regular member

I needed a new box spring for my bed. I found one in a dumpster behind the local furnature shop.

6. msitarski

msitarski Member

Dam that is legendary im proud of you.

The BB which i live near im pretty sure they lock there dumpster so it means cuting the lock open

7. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

msitarski- In your case I would either try another Blockbuster or barring that ( Social engineering ) - BS ! your way into them ! nothing to elaborate or just outright ask for them ! while rooting through their open dumpster may be considered legal if you cut their lock it's vandalism at the least ! Property damage ! and or maybe theft ! I'm no lawyer or policeman either ! But would hate to see Anyone go to jail over trifling stuff ! try another Blockbuster there are many ! or just ask the manager at that one ! be friendly & even offer to supply them the garbage bags to put your cases in- Blocbusters use really thin garbage bags Clear ones & they brake easy ! Usually when your trying to lift the bag out of the dumpster ! msitarski I wish you well in your diving & or B'S'ing adventures ! keep us posted Good luck & safe diving ( welcome aboard ) & Happy Holidays !

8. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Merry Crumble everyone ! LOL!

Last edited: Nov 26, 2006
  9. 21Q

21Q Regular member

I will finally say it. There's no blockbuster where I live and the closet stores to have anything of value are all over 2 miles away, execpt for a hollywood video/game crazy, toysrus, and a circut city.

10. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

21Q- Well have you tried hollywood video then? or the game store? I have'nt done Hollywood video but I did hit a bumper crop load of cases @ a videousa once I check back regularly but so far it's a one shot deal ! Don't feel bad 21Q the nearest Blockbuster to me in any direction is 20mi. then 30mi. I have'nt tried game stores either other than to get the grandsons Ps2 game -GTA San Andreas resurfaced , he'd scratched to unplayability & they did it up on a commercial machine $3.00 & good as new ! But the game atores may have the booger green cases in their dumpster (I like those ) if any ? Even if you don't get to go case diving feel free to contribute ! we're a pretty loosely organized group and there's always room for more ! well good luck and dive safe when you can 21Q -merry crumble & happy holidays !

11. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

A OPEN LETTER TO SANTA !

Dear Santa ' Er Mr. ClAUS !
    Please stop leaving trash in my dumpster!!!I've been a good boy all year honest ( fingers crossed behind back ) ! Besides it makes it harder for me to find DVD cases , Movies , Games ect... It also annoys and irritates the Wino ! ( never disturb the wino !) who then wants to mooch money ! I understand that christmas is the season for giving and For forgiving ! But A. I do not not carry cash on me & I ain't writing a check for a bottle of Mad Dog Sorry ! B. I don't like having to watch my back while diving ! or C. Having to play Where's Wino whilst in full dive mode ( DIVE ,DIVE , DIVE !!!) So enough with the Carboard & Fast Food residue okay ! How about More DVD's cases & Clear plastic bags full of Cases( preferably Double bagged -they break easy ) & near the top of the dumpster so I don't throw out my bad back ! Also another boxload of dvd's still in the cases & not scratched ,cracked or Dimplelated would be nice Heck bring several I'm greedy & I'm really that good !LOL! and in conclusion ! "Please ! Please ! Please ! to Quote Mr. James Brown " Quit shoveling the Reindeer POOP!!!!!!! in my dumpster ! The EPA has determined it to be HAZARDOUS WASTE !!!!! Your telling Me ! Especially Rudolph's Droppings - No wonder his nose glows he's radioactive ( Geiger Counter sounds ) and so is his poop ! It's like the maggot Motel - They check in but they don't check out ! LOL! And if it's not asking too much ( Please Sir ! Could I have some more!) Of - Peace , Prosperity , Understanding & compassion ! and another round for Me friends as well ! And Santa Sir ! tell Rudolph That I'll be leaving him a big block of Cheese on the Roof this year ! Goverment cheese at that( If that don't lock him up nothing will !!) CHristmas is for giving after all! & Thank you my friends !old , New & have'nt met yet ! for putting up with me this long ! Might I wish You a Merry Christmas or Happy whichever tradittion you follow ! Peace !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2006
  12. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

To Quote PinK Floyd From ( THE WALL ) " Is There anybody Out There?" Yes You !!! You Behind the Bike sheds Stand still Laddy !!!LOL!

13. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Not sure if this is old news/stale news, according to the Manager at my Blockbuster, if you want some cases, just ask for them, their big days for new cases/deliveries is Mondays and Wednesday-at least in the University Area.

14. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

blivetNC- That'a always a thought- But I would think it would probably vary store to store and Manger to manager ! What & give up show bussiness? Ho!,Ho!Ho! - Merry Christmas !!!!!

15. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Went to BlockBuster tuesday ! Checked dumpster just trash Again ! " Bah !Humbug !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Merry Christmas all !

16. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I talked to the Blockbuster people and they said that almost all the new movies come in the lockable boxes so they don't have to transfer them???

17. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

garmoon- well That may well be true ! But I'm still going to look ! Finding DVD cases in the dumpster seems to run in cycles ! You find plenty of them & regular & then it goes dry for awhile & lately It's been Dry ! But hopefully It will pickup soon ! if they are still dumpimg cases I mean ! Thanx for the info garmoon ! But I kinda hope your wrong ! atleast near where I live ! Merry Christmas !!!!

18. RippDogg

RippDogg Regular member

Now you guys have got me sneaking into dumpsters at 4:00am. It's pretty sad what I'll do to save money.

19. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

RippDogg- It can be habit forming ! Went wensday ! found about 8 dvd cases ( Not the lockable ones ) They were in good shape other than a couple of the covers being wet ! It's a small haul I know but arleast the drought has broken ! have'nt found any cases for awhile till Wed. So hopefully It's A Good OMen !!!( Damian It's all For you!!!) LOL! I said Good omen LOL! Good Luck & Happy Hunting RippDogg! Merry Christmas !

20. nailedny

nailedny Guest

Hi Everyone and Big and Happy Holidays. Probably thought I fell into a dumpster somewhere but I am still around. I am running low on cases and decided to take a dive or 2 or 3. Remember, I wasn't diving because my garage was loaded with covers. Anyway NO LUCK. That's what I get for taking a break. I even went into BB and played dumb..........
    So then I'll keep diving and stop asking. I'll keep you all posted. Hopefully a better 2007!!! Have a very merry.............