1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dumpster diving !

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Digerati8, Jul 6, 2005.

1. RippDogg

RippDogg Regular member

Sounds like the start to a great novel.

Mackdl,
    the lighter fluid doesn't have an adverse effect on the cases?

BigToxy69,
    I could see this escalating to turf wars at some point. Like those guys in the middle of Walmart fighting over McFarlands.

2. mackdl

mackdl Regular member

BIGTOXY69,

Thanks, I will have to try that next time. I have used a hair dryer and it works well, but there is still the residue.

3. mackdl

mackdl Regular member

No, I've been using it for years. I've also used it on pv'd dvds which have stickers on them, but I always wash off with soap and water after I've got all the residue off.

While we're on the topic of pv'd. I recently traded in some of mine, many of which I had doubles of, only to find my local BlockBuster has put some out to rent rather than sell.........GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2007
  4. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@BIGTOXY

yup you know it they were in clear plastic bags. a total of 6 bags i went through. and they are the only ones useing that dumpster. makes it real nice. a bunch of boxes that had the new release's names on them thought i really hit it big there maybe a forgotten movie might have slipped by them.

RippDogg.
    do ya think i should patent that little phrase there, mabye make a name for myself along the line...lmao

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

i use wd40 to get labels & residue off.

6. RippDogg

RippDogg Regular member

I think you're the next Faulkner, Cincy.

"Rob left his 4th story walk up not knowing what lay beyond. All he knew was that he had to find out what was in that dumpster. Through the soupy fog of the damp Cincinnati night he tiptoed past the empty tattooed bus stop benches, around dimly lit corners and through seedy, alcohol-tinged alleys. With a long, hesitating gaze he stared down the territorial bums lodged in their ramshackle tents of newspaper and old Reds blankets.
    What would Janice think, Rob thought to himself. What would she say if she knew what drove him deep into the haunted depths of the city where only the bravest or neediest ventured at such hours of the night. He couldn't think about it. She couldn't understand things like free cases or rousing from sleep in the middle of each night with a singular thought ruminating, driving him. Fear and sanity were not an option. Rob hesitated under an old street lamp and glanced at his watch, "what would JVC do?" he whispers to himself, "what would JVC do?"

7. Ofnir1

Ofnir1 Regular member

LOL a great start!

I remember my first dive... I got lucky and found a hoody! I don't know if my local BB has a dumpster, though I know that it is part of a strip mall, so they probably share dumpsters with quiznos, hair salon, and the pizza place. I bet if I did, there would be old pizza sauce all over the cases, so nevermind. BUT, then again... hehe

Last edited: Feb 1, 2007
  8. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

Mr. RippDogg, Mr. RippDogg will you please sign my first copy of your new book? i cant get CINCYROB to sign he is to caought up in himself since he hit it big (in the dumpster.

lmao some good comedy first thing in the morning...lol

i didnt go back lastnight. to late and too tired but i willbe there tonight after work.

9. RippDogg

RippDogg Regular member

I can see it now. I make my first buck and the Cincinnati Dumpster Case Don sues me for royalties. Next thing you know I'm back in the dumpster. Hey, that's not a bad place to be. Free is free

10. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!
    this is good stuff here..

i dont know what im gonna do if i go there tonight and the guy gives me another box of cases. nothing like a couple hundred Free dvd cases

Last edited: Feb 2, 2007
  11. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

You Guys Are a laugh riot !!!!!!!!! . who says you can't get an education and be entertained at the same time ! I went yesterday -just a few carboard boxes & paper trash ! looked freshly dumped ! well can't fault a body for trying can you ?If RippDogg gets to be the next Faulkner ! Do I get to write the Womens romance Novels ? You Know the kind with Fabio In a Unbuttoned shirt wind in his hair !
    Page 1 chapter 1 . " Joan knew in her Heart that it was Wrong !, Wrong, Wrong !!! That Six men were Too many for her , but That ten were not enough !. Perhaps She should Give up the Governess job ? And go back to her life as a Exotic dancer working at the Kit Kat Klub ! But then who would take care of little Blind Melissa who she had grown to love like a daughter ? And what of Mr. CrappleBush ? Melissa's Cruel and yet Somehow Ruggedly Handsome Father, a merchant Ship's Captain who gave a whole new meaning to the term Yard arm !!!!! Joan's Mind pondered all this !!! and soon she found herself Behind Blockbuster Babbling Incoherently " What Would JVC Do ??? " - To be Continued ? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

- CinCyRob - Might I suggest The CabbaGe Patch ! It's Old school Now But Hey ! It might Be good for a Laugh? Besides Saugmon Has the Copyright on Varmint Dancing anyways ! LOL! Go for It !!!!!!!!!

13. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

[ JVC = Our Pontificating Potentate of Plastic Procurement !!!! And no I'm not going to say it three times fast either !!!! LOL -"FREE IS FREE "

14. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

oh i gotta stop reading this stuff i cant handle it anymore im in tears.. between here and Ireland posting his stuff i havent stopped laughing for the past 2 hours...lol

The cabbage patch huh?? havent done or seen that it about 15-20 years now...lol

15. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

cincyrob- well being as I'm about 10years older than you ! and I never was up too much on the New hip ( then dance Steps ) I just ThoughT it could be kinda like when them football Players do the endzone dance ! LOL! I suppose it's a personal expression thing Though ? You could Hula , Pop & lock , Robot , BreakDance , Or possibly most appropriately Do the Dead Roach LOL!!! with the FunkY Worm Thrown in to make us all laugh LOL! and as always - Please Return the stewardess To her original Upright Position LOL! Ciao!

16. RippDogg

RippDogg Regular member

If I saw a guy with garbage bags cabbage patching in front of a dumpster....well, I'd have to at least consider a.) calling the authorities....b.) getting out of my car,cracking a beer and joining in.....or c.) beating him about the head and neck with the little souvenir Mud Hens baseball bat I keep in the back seat, taking his bags, and running like hell. You know, it's hard to say unless you're in actually faced with it. Then again, if it's Cincy, I might have to throw a few singles his way. It's been a long time since I saw a Reds fan dancing. Ouch!

17. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Naw ! CincYRob would Probably Do The Dead Roach ! It just seems Appropriate - Dumpster , trash Roach ! I made a Quick trip to BB toady Found 7 cases , But 5 were Game cases with the weird sheild shaped media holders ! Not CD or DVD shaped ! 2 were DVD cases But one was Frazzled & Ripped !! Like a Dogg ate it ! ( Who Let The doggs Out ! WOOF! WOOF !lol!! . SO I ended up with 1 good clean case for my trouble & through the game cases back to confuse other divers LOL! But "FREE IS FREE " even if it's just one ! later !!!!1

Last edited: Feb 3, 2007
  18. neptune

neptune Regular member

are u guys doing this at blockbusters ? dont have one close to me :( .. anyway why do they have so many empty cases ? they rent or sell that many ?

dumpster diving !:))))))))))) all i have in my area is a movie gallery

Last edited: Feb 3, 2007
  19. RippDogg

RippDogg Regular member

Sometimes its gold, sometimes its garbage, but its ALWAYS free!

20. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

nothing new in columbia, mo. it saddens the auslander.