1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dumpster diving !

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Digerati8, Jul 6, 2005.

1. neptune

neptune Regular member

BIGTOXY69 that night i searched 3 video stores on my travels . i went to pay a bill about `10 miles from my house and hit up the first dumpster where i found five :) .second dumpster had nothing and 3rd video store didnt even have a dumpster lol. maybe better luck next week . free is free. ???? what if someone sees u in there dumpster can u get in any trouble for stealing junk ?????hate to get a fine for a couple of dvd cases .and night time is a bad time to look because you can see to well.i will bring a flash light next time

Last edited: Feb 12, 2007
  2. greensman

greensman Regular member

Yep that's why I haven't taken the FEETZ UP, HEAD DOWN approach yet. I'm not sure of the legality of diving either. lol. Looked but no jumping in with both FEETZ. :)

JVC or BIGTOXY69 your thoughts on this?

3. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

neptune- Well I'm Neither in law or Law enforcement so don't take what I say as gospel truth but here's what I think ! If the dumspter is enclosed ( surrouned by a Fence or Cinderblock enclosure ) and they have posted a No trespassing sign - Then you possibly Could get it for tresspassing ! But if the dumpster is in the open -say behind the store or along side ( public/common area ) I think you should be okay! - My local BB has their dumpster in a cinderblock enclosure -Sign affixed no trespassing But it often ends up in front of the enclosure instead of in it ! That's when I do most of my diving ! Also if they have a Lock on the enclosure gate/ door/ fence don't bother it ( Breaking and entering is not legal ! or Fun if you get put in a cell with Bubba & he wants to break & enter you ! on The Stealing of trash/ garbage - Like I said i'm no cop or lawyer but Once you Put you trash out you no longer have any expectations of privacy ! - In other words if You Dumped out Some Illegal Materials into your trash can -the Police -Gvmt. FBI -or whoever do not need to get a search warrant to search your garbage for whatever they were looking for ? How would this apply to dumpster diving well ? I would say -If they wanted the cases why did they through them out ? , If it's trash it's free , Do you know how stupid they would look trying to prosecute somebody for stealing trash ? Yes your honor we intend to prove that the defendant Mr. smith Did on the morning in question steal the dvd cases that we already threw out- Most of the Hoopla they're gonna throw at you all boils down to liability ! ( They are worried you might fall , slip , trip -whatever & that you might sue them! - You could always go in the store first oneday & ask what they do with the original DVD cases ?- BB uses the lockable ones ! If they'll give them to you great -I'd even offer to get them the bags or boxes to put them in ! If they give you grief or Smarta** replies then dumpster Time ! If you had a wintess with you when you asked that would be even better ! Use your judgement & common sense ! if you don't feel comfortbale diving Just buy some -sams has some verbatim Slim DVD cases about .25 ea. in bulk 25/50/100 ect.. Besides the BB I use had a Bum living in their dumpster enclosure & they did'nt Bother him ! - Where's the wino? LOL! Hope this helped some & in The end though you have to decide for yourself if it's worth it for you ? Good luck !

4. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

tis thread is better than any comedy i have ever seen...lol

5. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

cincyrob- Did you Check My pics lately - Lookiee @ The latest Wookiee Pic ( Group shot ) & read the comments !

6. JVC

JVC Active member

Not sure about legal aspects of it.
    Everybody is so scared of identity theft now, they might could make a case, if they really wanted to..........

7. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

cincyrob- Did you Check My pics lately - Lookiee @ The latest Wookiee Pic (Family Pictures - I'm the handsome one!!! ) & read the comments ! lol!

8. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

JVC .- I never said I was a lawyer or Cop ! - I would think if your not carting away paper that they probably would'nt bother you? & besides If you put something in your trash you have no expectation of Privacy - To wit if You throw it away it's trash ! And O' Pontificating Potentate of Plastic Reclamation ! It's a fine time to start worrying now that you have us all following in your Dumpstersteps LOL!

9. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

cincyrob- Don't Worry about Bubba ! if your in a certain Small Town/cityin louisiana ( Watch out For The Chief Of PoliCE ) !!!!!!!!!!Or his Secretary !!! Seriously ( You will respect My AuthoritaW!!!!!!) I'm Not kidding either !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

greensman- There is always the stand outside the dumpster with a Reacher ! Version ( reacher.com ) a gadget like that sure is handy wherever you get it at !

11. greensman

greensman Regular member

Yep, and I've got some pvc at work that can be altered for my needs. lol . The grabber dealy is pretty good tho. lol.

cincyrob,
    You gotta check out BIGTOXYU69's pics on his home page. rofl..........btw I added another comment there BT69.......lol

12. neptune

neptune Regular member

quote from BIGTOXY69 >>>Besides the BB I use had a Bum living in their dumpster enclosure & they did'nt Bother him ! - Where's the wino? lmfao

13. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

greensman- Looks Familiar - Except I don't See Tinky Winky , Dipsy , La-La ! or POH !anywere ? Tubby Custard !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!all around LOL!- I want Dipsy's Top hat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!yeah!

14. neptune

neptune Regular member

15. 21Q

21Q Regular member

took a camcorder out of the dumpster but broke the lcd ribbon cable =p

here's proof

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@Bigtoxy...

you forgot NU-NU and his big chocholate chip cookie..lol..
    gonna go hit my grand prize dumpster tonight after work if we dont get all the snow and ice they say we are gonna get. id like to get another 40 or 50 cases... getting kinda low down to about 460 or so....LMAO!!!!!

17. RippDogg

RippDogg Regular member

As to the legal ramifications of getting caught with your "feetz up"(copyright BIGTOXYInc, 2006)in a dumpster: According to Cleveland Po-Po (where this seems to be a problem) the contents of a dumpster are "the sole property of the company, person, or persons contracting to use it until it leaves the premises." They left the impression that they were more concerned with trespassing on the property than diving in the dumpster, though. And they were really taken back by a guy in a suit asking them if it was illegal to dig in a dumpster...LOL
    So, without giving legal advice, which my legal advisors have advised me not to advise, I would advise you not to get caught...(unless you're "feetz up"(copyright BIGTOXYInc, 2006) wearing Zubaz and a #14 jersey, in which case they'll probably just ask you for an autograph) And if, by chance, you are accosted by a member of the law enforcement community, let him know why you are there and toss a few cases his way (hey, cops gotta live, too).

18. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Hey CinCyRob ! - check out the picture -Dipsy's Cool Hat - The Playa's Playa !!!!! On My Profile pictures I Do Mention NU Nu- there ! Although I forgot The Big Chocolate cookie !!!!!!!!!!

19. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

RippDogg- Nice To know ! But even though I'm sure your/they're probably Right ( especially if they posted the Dumpster divers Shell no pest strip ( No trespassing sign ) If they have a public parking lot ! open and the dumpster is out in the open ! I should think that it would be fair game ? It would be the same as if your neighbor Put a Big bag of Dvd cases in his trash and you retieved them from the curb ( not on his property - He has no property rights /rights to privacy in his trash ! I'm not saying the Cops or you are wrong ! - it's just that according to state civil service test !for Police officer 1&2 & Wildlife Enforcement agent ! What is the Law- ? " Not to eat Meat, Not To fight amongst ourselves , Not to walk on all fours !" That is the law !" -Oops I went Island Of Dr. Moreau for a minute ! " The Law is what certain People at certain times say it is ! " That is an actual answer on the State Civil service Exam ! ain't that a BIYATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Long story short If you don't feel comfortable doing it Don't do it ! You will go on with your Merry little life missing out on meeting Fine citizens like BUBBA , The wino ! and the Occasional Dumpster Skank ! LOL! But like everything else in life there are choices to be made & the final Decision is Yours to make !!!!!!!!!!CiaO!

20. neptune

neptune Regular member

And if, by chance, you are accosted by a member of the law enforcement community, let him know why you are there and toss a few cases his way (hey, cops gotta live, too). lol