1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dumpster diving !

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Digerati8, Jul 6, 2005.

1. little155

little155 Regular member

neodave, what state do you live in, or city or country, that is?

2. Phyco_Can

Phyco_Can Guest

LOL @GM i also can picture that in my head

3. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i hear ya Chris. it is fun to take the pics of the big hauls as it is finding them...lol got a hour or so left at work then im off to the dive.

4. neodave

neodave Regular member

I live in a suburb of Kansas City on the Kansas side. There are certainly places on the Missouri side I could go but at 3 bucks a gallon it isn't worth the drive. But if I find myself over there I'll give it a shot. The nice thing about one's familiar dumpsters is that you eventually learn the trash pickup day and sometimes the best times for cases. Usually Wednesday for me.

5. Ofnir1

Ofnir1 Regular member

Yeah with the rising gas prices... forget the ride lol

I haven't been DD'ing lately... I should locate a local university and try to find a flat screen monitor, such a space saver! Has anyone every found flat panel monitors? Seems like it would be there along with the computers that the students throw out.

6. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

Wet night for dumpster diving , but paid off pretty good 532 empty cases, 72 pop bottles from same [paid for gas]. All the movie posters cut up and drenched.Probably another 200 case floating on the bottom.Time to get waders, shoes should be dry by tomorrow. Chris

7. 21Q

21Q Regular member

ever since me and my friend started a computer recycling thing in school the school won't through out the computers, which means nothing for me =( havent even found stuff in other trash =(

8. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

Divin tonight seems like Sat morn and Wed. morn are when they really toss em.Damn girlfriend has no sense of humor have about 1200 cases stacked against the wall in the bedroom.Been offering cases to my friends,but it's pretty bad I go through withdrawls not divin thinkin about headin out of town checkin dumpsters.Chris

9. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

ChrisC

They have programs for people like you now. It's said the Dumpster Diving Syndrome can be cured with a Septic Tank full of unopened DVDs! Ye get to keep all you can grab and the nearest water is one day's walk.

10. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

Dang garmoon LMAO that'd sure be hard to resist though Chris

11. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

Well the old dumpster diving sucked last night my good spot yielded nothing so drove 20 miles to 2 others and came back with 1 case. Waitin on the after midnight stroke to go again. Gettin them withdrawls bad Chris

12. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Well then ! have'nt posted in awhile because I have'nt dived lately on account of thw weather - Lot'a of rain & storms !!!! And if I may be permitted to mangle the Title of a Kevin Costner movie ? I would rather be called Dances with TrasH then Drowns with Cardboard !!!!!!!!!!!LOL!!! Though the few times I've been able to look lately all I saw was either cardboard or stinky fast food debris !!!! And trust me rancid waterlogged Taco Bell can get pretty Ripe in Summer weather in Louisian
    a !!!!!!!!!!!!!! PHEW & P.U. !!!!!!!!!!! .Exact a mundo !!!!! anyway I've been busy with Computer repairs - Hard Drive (Slave) Died , Right after I had to replace The Power supply , Motherboard & Cpu Fan on my desktop! The fan was my fault but everything else was natural causes gremlins ect... take your pick ! anyways I've tried to keep the masses happy by updating the pics on my profile page and posting here and there when I thought I could help or offer a insight that was useful !Hopefully This post will jumpstart a few of you and get this thread rolling again ? Happy 4th of July (in advance) everybody and Happy Diving Ciao!

13. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

Good to see ya BT69... i think the divin right now is as slow as the movies being released.. not too hot.. i have actually been everyday for th elast 2 weeks and have only come up with like 20 cases, but have gotten a few good magazines ps3,xbox,a few nick jr mags and rolling stone. but hardly no cases

14. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

The best I've seen in awhile was Tuesday night musta been another 500 or so, but with my back and leg couldn't get up and over let alone get back out LOL to go to dumpster heaven.Since May this is the first load I've seen in a while . Highlights of my nightlife lately is checkin out the three main dumpsters even tho can't do nothing at this point.Hope all have a safe and happy 4th and load up Big. Chris

15. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@ChrisC

Sounds like you need some new improvized telscopic tool with and attached grasper. This could solve the problem of having to actually dive into the trash bin, along with the fast food remains.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2007
  16. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

Ah yes but it's just not the same diving in amongst all them cases and packing them in boxes and loading up the trunk.LOL it's not that I need any more cases just the thrill of hitting the big motherload.Just hate to see good cases and movies and magazines going to the landfill.It's bad enough they destroy all the movie posters before they put them in.I finally threw out all the locks I took out of the cases with movies in them.Girl friend won't go thinks I'm nuts with all the cases I've got but I could sure use some to keep my mind occupied cleaning and unlocking them.Never shoud've found this thread! Chris

17. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

I don't get much of a chance for dumpster diving anymore but found a great deal this week: about a block from my home, in the trash, was a medium sized, really high quality suitcase (with the little wheels on the bottom) still sealed in its plastic packaging thing. I brought it home and it's as perfect as fresh off the store shelf. I was going to have to buy one in the near future too. On my way home, I was having visions of intrigue like maybe there was a million dollars in unmarked bills from some Philly mafia deal or something of the sort: no such luck but I got a rather expensive brand new suitcase out of the deal! Dumpster diving rules!!

[​IMG]

18. tennisboy

tennisboy Guest

man dumpster diving is the sh*t. i love it

19. Ofnir1

Ofnir1 Regular member

Man, I should get back in the DD game soon, haven't done it in a while now.

And great find there, gerry1! I had a similar experience, at a strip mall near me there were about 3 or 4 suitcases, all slashed though. I put a smaller in a bigger one and was going to lug it back with me when I decided I shouldn't. Though, I think I would have gotten back home hassle-free from anyone, it was during the night of New Years Eve going on New Years Day and I had only seen 1 vehicle, a truck actually. Oh well, I'm sure there will be better finds later. Like my friends former neighbor who found a working PS2 in the dumpster! Argh!! lol

20. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

You should have taken them; I don't think they can bust you for taking discarded and damaged suitcases!