1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dumpster diving !

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Digerati8, Jul 6, 2005.

1. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

Well slept in till 3:45 this morning knowing this was going to be a motherlode,as I was pullin in another car was pulling out and the BB dumpster was full alright with empty shipping boxes.No wonder my dives were coming up short lately, I know he got the motherlode! I guess the sayings true the early bird gets the worm.Oh well the dumpster gets emptied in another hour and a half,so tomorrow starts another day of early rising for that precious commodity of cases! You know, if it wasn't for this thread and me surfing the forum this untreatable addiction never would've started! I do believe the culprits were JVC & Bigtoxy LOL Chris

Last edited: Oct 16, 2007
  2. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

ChrisC586-To quote BaGWhan Shri Rajneesh !!! Or whatever that Crazy old coots name was " I am but a Finger Pointing at the moon ! I tell you don't Look at the Finger look at the moon !!!!" And I cannot take credit for Starting The infectious pastime of Dumpster Diving as it applies to DVD cases That Honor Goes to {JVC } Aka Patient ZERO!!! , Aka the Pontificating potentate of Plastic Procurement !!! ect... !!!! He Got a lot of us following his lead !!!! which has lead to a lot of Recycled dvd cases for Us Good for the enviorment , Good for us !!! and along the way I hope that we {Dumpster Diving Devotees } have provided so small measure Of Levity and humor to a cold and bitter world !!!! To bad I ain't getting paid by the word huh? anyway I accept The complement of being included in the company of the esteemed JVC and If JVC is the Jedi Master Then I am at best a Young Padawan !!!! Okay , Okay an old Padawan but a student none the less LOL!!! Good luck with your Diving ChrisC586 and watch out for Jvc and that Blasted Lightsabre !!!!!!!!! He could teach mace Windu a Thing or too LOL!!!!!!!!!! Dive safe and remember " In dumpsters no one can hear you scream !!!!!!! Lift the Lid sonny LOL Ciao! Buddy !!!

3. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Great. After reading this post i'm making mental notes to loot the local BB dumpster and snag every AOL trial case i can. Wow. I'm strangely comfortable with it.

4. JVC

JVC Active member

We're not talking about AOL trial cases, in a BlockBuster dumpster......
    Good luck with that! :eek:)

5. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

That would be the mother load. All of BB's discard cases, AND some AOL trial cases all in the same dumpster. Yeah buddy, i'm diving. :p

6. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

No AOL cases here but have had some brand spankin new ones.LOL Person at work asked me if I wanted to buy some DVD cases, told him sorry those days are past for a month or so anyways! Chris

7. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

Dive on oh Dipsy Dumpster Diving Dudes/Dudeets

8. JVC

JVC Active member

Haven't seen a post by nailedny in a very long time.
    Anyone know what her story is now? Did her husband make her stop?
    I hope she's ok!

9. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Well she could... nah, not going to make a joke at her nick name, common sense rules here...

10. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

JVC- I think she ran out of space LOL! or maybe she from outer space ? I seem to recall that she was taking a break or something but she said she'd stop by and visit the old Dumpsteroo Post now and then !! I think it was something like that !!!!!!!!!

11. neptune

neptune Regular member

i have not dived in a while so after visiting my sister saturday i thought i would stop by the west coast video :)dumpster .it was midnight so no one was around :) all i got was 1 case yes 1 lol and a meet the robinsons and home of the brave movieposters lol.btw have not had time to go visit that manager lately at that other store

hey BIGTOXY any new manager lady pics :)

Last edited: Oct 30, 2007
  12. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

neptune- HEY buddy glad your still around - I'll have to work on some new manager lady pics ! Though plenty of other Interesting Pics on the profile in my Humble opinion ! I had some good and bad luck Checked my local Blockbuster Dumpster yesterday & had maybe 4o-50 cases in it loose and mixed about ! It was during bussiness hours and lot's of parking lot traffic so I grabbed about 6 that I could reach without getting my clothes dirty ( did'nt have my Diving suit on LOL!!!!!!!!!!) & I planned on going back in the A.M. ( today ) I did but the Truck beat me to it !!! Shazbot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. So I went to a VideoUsa dumpster a few Miles away and scored six more Not a great haul but Free is Free Right ? Any Prefferences in Manager ladies or are you leaving it up to my devious Mind?Ciao!!!!

13. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

as long as good looking

14. neptune

neptune Regular member

@BIGTOXY69>>Any Prefferences in Manager ladies or are you leaving it up to my devious Mind?hmm mia stone with clothes on ? and holding a dvd case lol:)

15. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Went today before work. Filled a plastic grocery bag with some nice, new, discarded cases. Also found a vhs of UHF with a slightly ripped cover.
    Score!

16. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

went monday night after work. got me 32 new fantastic 4 silver surfer cases. covers and all. gonna hit it again tonight the boys need some more posters...lol

free is free

17. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Hey Gang ! Glad to see the Dumpster Diving post showing some activity again ! I knew you there I could hear you breathing and muttering under your collective breaths " Damn This dumpster stinks , Gee that Skeleton looks just like JIMMY HOffa ? , Or C. Not another 100DVD cases with The - A. DaVinci Code!, B. Crash ,C. The Protector or D. Insert name of your least favorite cover/title here !!! Went to the big city yesterday and was going to check the dumpster But unfortunately I've had a Cold/Flu ? Virus ? Or Paw and mouth Disease ( SasQuatches don't have Hooves!!! ) And I was Suddenly hit with the Urgent Urge to do a Little Dumpin' On my own ( Nuff said !!!!) Suffice to say I am internally Greatfull to Taco Bell for the use of the room ( Nuff said there too!!!) and NO before anyone makes a ( Make a run for the ...JOke ) I did'nt eat atTaco bell I just had Chinese ! But enough of my Colonic Comics here ! I'll try to make another Dive soon hopefully with out any Rectifying overtones ? Cincyrob I was begining to worry about you ? I figured Neptunes Manager Lady Had Caught you in Flagrant Dive-lecto and had Threatned to have you arrested for Tresspasing and Refuse_disturbation ? Unless you did several things to her repeatedly ( again Nuff said !!!) = ( always leave them wanting more ) until she said you could go ? But that's not true you were Busy at work The Whole Time or as my Old Friend Tommy Flannagan woud say " Yeah !!!! That's the Ticket !!!!" PS #1 " HEE !!!! HEEEE !!!! HEEE!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ENdust !!!!!!!!!!!!

18. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

Tonights another try at dumpster diving, been coming up short lately. No ones posted to get the blood flowing, knowing with the cold the ole dumpster won't have that sweet summertime aroma.Chris

19. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

ChrisC586- Yes but Fast-Food Residue by any other name would smell as sweet !!!!!!!LOL! I hear that !!!I made a few dumpster checks recently but mainly cardboard and food waste !!! Ewwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!! anyways I hope everyone had a Happy & Joyous Thanksgiving & Black Friday ! and as for the posting not moving well I hear Ya' on that too ! It seems somebody has to stir the pot first and then they Crawl out of their Dumpsters and Report in !!!It's been Dry here Dive wise but Wet ( raining ) weather-wise ! so it may be awhile before I get back in the Pool ( of Dumpster Divers ) so to speak ? Well A hearty Live long and Prosper & Nannooo Nannooo To everyone and happy holidays Ciao!

20. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

yes yes yes i must agree been slow to say the least. but cant report anything if there aint anything.. ive struck out swinging(diving)4 straight dives.. been awfull.4 trips 5 cases. not even a ps3 or xbox mag that i normally get for the little ones..lol

it wont keep me down. will be back in the dive monday night after work...