1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dumpster diving !

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Digerati8, Jul 6, 2005.

1. RippDogg

RippDogg Regular member

Hey Cincy, hope things are well with you. Have a great holiday everybody; lot's of Ty's from your kids, etc.

2. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

To all a Merry christmas and to all a Good night - Peace Love and hair grease !!!!!!!!!! Fight The Power !, &Free james Brown - Oops I suppose That should be Freeze??????? Rest in Peace Mr. Brown - Hot tub !!!!!!!!!!

3. JVC

JVC Active member

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all!

4. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

To all you dumpster divers wishing you a Merry christmas as I take off to dumpster land in the seeking of more DVD case tree ornaments! AAAHHHH such a bad addiction.As the feet goes in I be a wishing you all Happy Holidays. Chris

5. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Merry Christmas to all the dark denizens of dumpsterland, may all your dives be filled with booty fit for a CHristmas Stocking!
    May next year bring all treasures and no trash>

6. Amir89

Amir89 Regular member

Kudos to all you dumpster divers, you can find some really valuable shit if you look hard enough.

Greatest score I ever came across was a fully functional, MD-50 Denon MiniHi-Fi system me and my friend found in a public dumpster located in a picnic ground around 2 years ago.

That place was around 2 minutes from a huge shopping mall so we guessed it was stolen or something; it was wrapped up in blue plastic and had some CDs and DVDs inside it as well as some brand new ones wrapped up along with it.

It was probably a demonstration model, but how somebody managed to nick that from a store is beyond me.
    Anyways I gave my friend the speakers and I kept the main unit.

Still working great to this day, it's got a 3 disc CD changer, plays Mp3s, Radio, AUX input it also doubles as a receiver as its got about 50 input jacks at the back of it. Sound quality is great, hooked it up to some old Sony speakers I had lying around, sounded better than my newer Phillips FW-C580 Hi-Fi system I got in 2006.

7. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

ok guys i went to BB lastnight hit it big(so i thought)
    had 2 boxes of cases.loaded them in the truck and on my way i went. got close to home and began looking at the case, and guess what they all were the nitendo DS case no good to me. so i tossed allmost 100 cases. i did get about 10 PS2 cases.

so this morning i went to another BB and hit the load of the year(so be it only being the 15th day of the year). lookat theses pic

7 bags worth

MY 2 helpers

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i196/Cincrob/100_2742.jpg
    http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i196/Cincrob/100_2744.jpg
    http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i196/Cincrob/100_2743.jpg
    http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i196/Cincrob/100_2746.jpg

and yes to make this haul even better. my wife is off work toady. i get all them downstairs and here she comes. got right in the middle of me and the boys tearing bags open...lol

oh yea a total of 457 cases... cant beat that with 2 sticks....

edit to add:
    the wife said she only did it to help me get done faster so i could get my azz to work early....now how do ya like that...lol

Last edited: Jan 15, 2008
  8. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Very nice haul there. Makes you wonder how much goes into landfill, at least that stuff's being made use of

9. greensman

greensman Regular member

I've thought that many times creaky. ;)

Incredible dive there cincy!! I'll be PM'ing you in the next few minutes. :)

...gm

10. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

funny you say that creaky.. i was just talkin to bigwill and said i wonder how much i can get from BB to keep quiet about all those cases being tossed like that.

hey im doing my part gettin them out and useing them...lol

heck if i get to many the boyslove throwing them at each other...lol

11. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

That looks like the motherload rob. Congrats!!!

12. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

I've noticed that the BB here in northern Charlotte triple bags their cases as if preserving them for an unknown diver..

13. JVC

JVC Active member

Very nice haul cincy!
    Did any of them have a movie in it?
    My wife says I created some monsters! :eek:)
    Dive on, Monsters!

14. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

My wife thinks that we are all nuts or insane, (Unfortunately she works as a psychiatric nurse and may be an authority on nut cases..)

15. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

im tellin ya..... all 7 bags there were triple baged like they knew i was in route...lol god bless'em. well i should be good on cases for a day or 2. im about at 98%(just under 1000 cases) on my needs for cases...lmao

Chris where you at? i know your well over 1500 cases

@JVC

nope no movies in them. granted i didnt look at every case but i'd say no for sure...

Last edited: Jan 15, 2008
  16. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

OOOHHHHHH yea Rob got that vein in my arm just a jumpin been awhile since I had a load like that.Need them employees down here they don't bag em just dump em in the dumpster so I go in feet first slip fall on my arse and end up on my knees baggin them myself.Just got my cable back. Had a shooting and standoff so they shut off the cable and secured the area yesterday. So jus got back on line. I sure do love pics of sweet hauls like that. Chris

17. Ofnir1

Ofnir1 Regular member

Went down to quite a few local retail stores last night, only to find out that they have compactors...

I was looking for a way in, but couldnt find one, I didn't see a lock closing an opening or anything, not sure if it was at the very top or what. I know it's a good idea to not go into compactors, but I was hoping for some adventure rofl :D

Oh well, there's at least one dumpster with good stuff in it, so it's not that bad at all.

18. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

cincyrob- well are'nt we the lucky one then ! You Been two timing it with Neptunes-Manager-lady again ain't Cha'! I bet they even delivered them to your house too ! LOL!!!!!!!! Nice pic of the assistants ! make sure they get their shots -atleast a tetnus for sure !! N- U 2 !!! Seriously Great Going There !!! We don't have those pentagon sized dumpsters here! and most times they either Dump'em all loose ( The DVD CASES) or they don't double bag & it breaks open so same thing !!! last few dives I been getting them bagged though makes it sweet especially if their near the top !!!!!!! Yeah Baby ,Oh Behave !!!!!!!!!!- So it's more like grab & Go than in and throw !!!!Have'nt dived much lately Between Dr. appointments & test and such But I'm still Pretty flush with cases fer now - deffintely Flush with media But if there's a good sale I may just jump at it ! well continued luck in life and Diving - Tell The Georges hello and check out the new pics when you can !!!!!!!!!!Ciao!

19. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

BigT

Cincy's still heart broken over the OSU demolition. 0-9 Big Ten or Eleven when it counts. Sorry Rob I couldn't resist since I never got my DVDs.LOL Only good fun. First place Big 10/11, a 6th place SEC team.

20. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

thats what makes it fun garmoon.... every dog has his day. gotta take a look at the big picture.the sec still needs about 25 more titles to even come close to the big10(penn state is still a wanna be)///lol