1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dumpster diving !

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Digerati8, Jul 6, 2005.

1. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

garmoon- let's just say I'm nearly so old I fart Dust ( Pardon Me ) And if I Knew I were going to live this long I would've taken better care of myself LOL! Somebody Call me a Dr. Paging Dr. Howard , Dr. Fine , DR. Howard !!!!!!!!!!!! - Anyway I'm still Here so Somebody up There either Likes me ! Or There's no room in Hell yet LOL!!!!!!!! And while I'm still Delirious from the Cough Syrup Just remember There is no Dark Side of the Moon ! It's all Dark Actually !!!!LOL!!!!!!!!! Ciao !!!

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Bigtoxy69: Schedule an appointment with Dr Kevorkian, LOL!!

No dumpster diving today-UGGH! That ends a 19 straight days diving streak. We are in the middle of a blizzard-10+ inches of snow and 20-40 mph wind. I can finally break out the snowblower later. A good day to check out some threads and watch some flicks.

I will try it tomorrow.

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

saugmon, i'm getting your snow right now!!! you bummer!!!!

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

They're saying we got 12" or so since yesterday.One of the very few times the weatherman has been correct.
    Clear right now,but windy. I forgot to get TP yesterday and had to use my 4 wheel drive truck to go to the nearby store.Thank goodness it was an odd & end discount store 7/10 of a mile from my house. I spent all day watching Ice Truckers, LOL! Those guys are nuts.

A snowplow did hammer my mailbox-those sob's! Broke the post off clear to the ground.

Anywho, I'll plow out the driveway tomorrow for some dumpster diving and post hole digging!!!!!

5. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I worked outside in a rose bed today in shorts. You Yankees won the war, then took the wrong part. LMAO. We got the weather and the good food.

Edit: And it tried to snow last night, here.:)

Last edited: Mar 8, 2008
  6. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I got plowed out this morning then off dumpster diving!!!! The withdrawal symptoms have ended.

I had to wait for them to plow out my main dumpsters so made a trip to the local bait shop. But well worth it. 15 coke/pepsi boxes and 3 dozen caps. That plastic bottle dumpster was plum full-very hard to dive in.Took 3 weeks to fill it. I had to stuff my bottles in it, LOL.Pulled off 1 free Dr Pepper winner out of 4!!!

The paper/light cardboard dumpster was pretty empty,so pretty quick and easy to go through it.Pepsi boxes everywhere,but half their codes were gone, UGGH!

I hit the cardboard trailer next small town over-by mom and dads, and pulled out a 36 pk coke code worth 25 pts!!! First time I've encountered one. They're on the shrink wrapping and very hard to read.

Neither Rain,nor Sleet,nor Snow shall delay the Dumpster divers!!!

7. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

I know I have'nt Posted here for a while But had'nt had a chance to Dive till today ! I don't know if it counts did'nt get Any cases but Found 11 really Nice Multicolored Easter Baskets ! I figure the wife can fill them up next year and give'em too the Nieces & Nephews just Don't say Nuthin' Bout where they came from ! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

8. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I got banned at my main dumpster site. Deputy sheriff said someone witnessed me stealing aluminum cans out of the recycleables. I told him BS,only bottlecaps and box codes. I forget to tell him I was also peeling off the Campbell soup labels for the local schools. I even helped sort some of the stuff to the appropriate dumpster. There's 4 video cameras there that would have caught anybody stealing the few aluminum cans that's in there.

The deputy just laughed,called the witness,called me back and said I wasn't allowed to remove anything from them.They said bottlecaps were recycleable,with is total bs. If they want their precious bottlecaps,I'm going to see that every cap I encounter makes it into the recycle bin, LOL!!!! Some of them maybe superglued on? LOL!!!

I see a loophole: Not allowed to remove anything that's thrown into them:

What about removing the 12pk/24 pks,copy down the code,and throw them right back into the dumpster?

I am a bad influence and you guys/gals shouldn't hang around a bad seed like me.

I did pick out 2 empty HP ink carts out of the trash at work today! BooYah!

9. greensman

greensman Regular member

Nice one BT69!! I'll not tell the MamaSquatch!! :)

Saugmon..... what total crap that is!!!! You think there is a "liability" with you running around the dumpsters and such? Just an idea. I wouldn't care but you know how the "litigious" society thinks. :p @ them!!!!! Well good luck writing those codes down. :) I'll see what I can do for you but you know my rules. hehehe. :p

.....gm

10. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

That they have 4 cameras on the site is disturbing enough. If they're worried about people stealing Al cans, then there should be some type of locked disposal bin. Having to monitor cameras probably eats up the profits of the recycling. LOL Oh well, were you banned from all trash cans in the county?

11. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Well made my first dive in quite some time !!! Not much of a haul just 13 dvd cases But as Grand Poobah ,Exalted Muckity Muck !! ,& Lord high Everything Else !! JVC says " Free is Free !!!" They were near the top The Dumpster was Jammed with Cardboard and fastfood Residue But I managed to spy a few cases under the debris and snatched them up !!!

12. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

Every time I read one of these posts, it just cracks me up. You guys got suits and shit you wear? What would you recommend a first timer to wear? I've thought about doing this, but I figure all the people around my apartments would laugh. No shame in your game, huh?

I often find myself looking at all the bed frames and old computer parts left out and have yet to take anything. Only thing I've ever scored outa the dumpster was an old ass tv. Took the thing out behind my house that I use to live in and stuck in on the rail road tracks. Train came by at 7:30 on the dot everyday, so we waited for the demolition and man was it great!

[​IMG]

Is that you 7th?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2008
  13. 21Q

21Q Regular member

I just where whatever I happen to be wearing at the time actually.

Completely slipped my mind to post here. Last week I scored 3 mac g4's from a school dumpster. I gave them all away though as I already have a g4 and no room.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2008
  14. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

goodswipe- Old or casual Clothes nothing too dressy !!! LOL!

15. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i normaly go to my dive after work so i have my work clothes on so it dont make a hoot if i get dirty some from the dive...lol

but they closed down my BB that i got so i have to travel a bit to get to another..which i will be going to today. not that i need any cases..lol i did make a little counting error the last time i counted. i didnt add in 2 boxes i have that have 100 in each box. so im around 1400 cases..lol
    it is way to addicting once you get started and hit the mother load a few times like i have..

16. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

So you're telling me I shouldn't dive in with my 1000 dollar Armani suit on?

Yea, wow, I was looking through here and saw what you guys really hunt for. I was amazed at all those DVD covers that BB gets rid of. I think you had like 100's of those things, laid out all over your floor!

Yea, maybe I shouldn't start. I tend to go hogwild when I get addicted to a new hobbie. You could call dumpster diving a hobbie, right? I've seen some shirts that people had made, that said Dumpster Diver on them. I think ya'll guys should pick some up. This one here really cracks me up, has the swan dive and everything!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2008
  17. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

thats sweet goodswipe.. i like that.that should be the logo for this thread...lol

i see you made it to userbars.. cool site huh..

18. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

Yea man, they got all kinds of stuff. They even have the program that you can use to create some. I made a couple, but I think I'm gonna have to make a dumpster diving user bar. I got gimp installed on my box, so I'll be using that.

Yea, that should def. be the logo for this thread!

Hey, did you use to go by the name CincyFan?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2008
  19. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@cincyrob

Good to hear from you again buddy. 1400 you do have a problem! I told someone to PM you about getting a new DVD burner-have any suggestions on the best ones made now. I know the new Benqs are crap now. Any ideas? or anybody else?

Edit: In order to keep ON TOPIC, which DVD Burner would get your heart racing if you were to pull it from the big bin in the sky in mint condition?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
  20. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

plextor.