1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dumpster diving !

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Digerati8, Jul 6, 2005.

1. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

not a rebadged plextor ^^^^^^^^^ lol

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

It would be awesome if I could scrounge out a BENQ 1640 out of the dumpster!! But they may have them in the EBAY dumpsters.

3. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Oh crap...i'm caught.

4. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Pioneer or Samsung if you ask me....SATA or IDE?

I heard that Rob once went diving and found a Gigabyte mobo and E8400 CPU....turns out they weren't any good though. LOL

Soz Rob, I couldn't resist.

@ddp

Plextor drives aren't what they used to be.

5. JVC

JVC Active member

My LiteOn has been so good, that's what my next one will be too. :)
    I like the dumpster diving champion emblem. Have a magnetic sign made, with that on it, and put it on your car when you go diving......
    Y'all keep up the good work.

6. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Yeah I wouldn't take anything for my BenQ 1650s or for that fact an external LG that will out read my 1650s. Thanks guys.

7. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

lmao..you sorry azz....thats funny right there i dnt care who ya are...

from what ive heard the pioneer 215d is a real nice drive.
    but i now have 3 litey's just got the 20xsata. and i havent had a problem with any of them at all.well not counting the 2 i had to RMA..lol

to be honest i have the HP740i(lightscribe) i think it reads better than my litey's but it burns crappy.
    i actually use it to read and rip and then use my 16x liteon to burn with, great combo for me..

thats if i found all this in the dumpster....lol

8. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

dang whats happening in here? been some slow times...
    went out with the boys a hour ago. i got about 150 cases. there was plenty more but we have bee nhit wit hsome severe storms the past 2 days and the dumpster is full of water... ill get a few pics shortly

9. pwhite23

pwhite23 Regular member

as for me...i could never figure out how to get into the bestbuy dumpsters. So the only one's i could possibly get into, that are worth my while, is probably blockbuster. But to be honest i dont got the time or need for dvd cases right now. Maybe if i was like 21Q, and found ipods left and right, i would still be diving, but as for now, wont see me in the dumps.

10. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

I've never had such a wonderous dive as 21Q either.

I'm diving tomorrow in the a.m.

Will post back with my spoils.

11. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well upon further review. i got a total of 93 cases.. not a bad haul at all for the first one in 3 months or what ever its been..lol i could have had about 4 times that amount but i didnt want to wade in the dumpster water. i would have looked like chewbacca in the trash compactor...lol just for you BT69...lmao

FREE IS FREE

12. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Nice dive Cincyrob...and what's wrong with looking like a fine upstanding Wookie? Lol.

I can't say my dive this morning went as well. The price you pay for a small town Blockbuster i suppose.

Eleven cases and a crinkled Death Proof poster.

Free is free, but i wanted more for free!

13. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

So you guys gone out and made any shirts yet?

14. johnnysu

johnnysu Guest

they're all over ebay for a good price

15. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

16. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I'd get one of those T's,but my gf threw me a major curveball.I gotta watch my budget in these trying times. She moved out. I took care of her for the last 3 years,got a beautiful 20 month old daughter kinzie,and the ho got some guy named Joe for her next victim. 99.9% of women are psycho. Imagine 4 kids,her,joe,and 2 other kids she baby sits- all in a 1 bedroom house. Child services would love to see that!!!! She's only a couple blocks from some ball fields,so I can do some dumpster diving after dropping kinzie off before work.

Anywho,good riddens. Once a ho,always a ho. I will go for full custody and she don't have a leg to stand on.Her ex will also go for full custody of her other kids as well. She'll be crawling back to me in a couple months.

I've still been hitting the recycle center dumpsters and ball park trash cans. I've got quite a bit of christmas shopping done,and all done with bottle caps. Don't throw them away. Some are more valuable than aluminum cans!!!! Over $275 worth of coke points this year,if they'd ever put any good gift cards back on. I've also been loading up on some nice 300+ cd/dvd wallets from pepsi/amazon.

Ebay cracked down on the people selling bottle caps with codes. No more than 60 pts of coke codes can be sold on ebay,or the auction will be pulled. Mt dew's got a new one,oldschool or new. Indiana Jones on the Dr pepper. Anybody wanting any 20 oz BOGO caps for Pepsi/Mt Dew,let me know. I had 20+ of them the other day. I sold some on ebay,but wasn't even worth the time and effort.

Does anybody think my bottle cap collection/dumpster diving, had anything to do with turning the gf into a psycho HO? LOL!

Everyone have a good and safe Memorial Day holiday!!!!

17. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

have fun saugmon.

18. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

saugmon- No I don't think it was the BottlecaPs LOL!!!! - Sometimes S***T just happen's Bro' People hook up with unrealistic expectaions of the other Person and it takes awhile to realize that a wrong choice was made by either party ! I'm not taking sides Other than to say if I understood women I'd be Richer than OPRAH LOL!!!!!!!!!! Still I wish you The best my friend !!!! all things eventually work themselves out usually for the best even though it may not seem like it at the time !hope it sorts itself out well for you Good luck & fight The good fight ! Keep it Real saugmon later Bud !!!!

19. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Thanx bigtox! I got kinzie all weekend and have an appointment with a lawyer next week for full custody. I do not want to see kinzie going through what her 3 other kids have gone through.Once she finds out I'm seeing a lawyer,then she'll probably won't let me see her.

After everything I gave her and sacraficed from myself,it still wasn't good enough.

At least I have a beautiful daughter.She'll be my new dumpster diving teammate. I already can't keep her out of the trash at home, LOL!!!!

I'll be spending all weekend cleaning up my house,dumpster diving,and getting my boat ready for the saugeye trolling season. She left it looking like a pig sty.

20. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

I feel for ya Saugmon, and i've been there. But like BT69 said, things usually work out in the end. Fight for your daughter, though. I've missed way too much of my son's life due to my divorce, wouldn't want to see any other parent have to do the same.

We're pulling for ya!