1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dumpster diving !

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Digerati8, Jul 6, 2005.

1. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Kinzie and I hit some dumpsters while taking her to the park and to her great grandmas house. Ended up with dell printer,going to see if she works later tonight. I needed the usb cable from it anyways. Not sure,but I think I can get $6 OD vouchers between both the ink carts out of it.

I have to hit some more dumpsters,recycling facilities for boxes to pack up the ex gf's stuff and set it outside. I heard the saugeye are biting and my 3 week vacation is only 3 weeks away!!!!!

2. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

saugmon-Try Hitting the Dollar stores ! Like Dollar Tree you can probably pick up a Usb Cable for a Buck !!!!!!!!!

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

A buck?? I just rob the cable from my R300 for my R200 on the backup pc,LOL!

With the price of generic ink doubling,I've been using the leftover carts from my R200 to use up in the R300. I gotta steal the light pink cart next, LOL!!! I hate wasting anything.

I had no time to try the dell printer out. Went to mom/dads to get the both outboards fired up. Then hitching it up for the 1st time on dad's minivan/ground issues. Then getting home to find the connector rod and a half hour to find the tags for the liscense plate. Outboard connector rod still missing. It's going to be a heck of a day tomorrow without it.

4. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@Saugmon

Look on the bright side you also got a for-life fishing partner! Have a good season. I hope you get custody. Hang in there my friend.

5. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I finally got the boat out this morning. Dad and I limited out with saugeye in 4 hrs. I hit the dumpster at the ramp,but the stench of rotting flesh could gag a maggot. I didn't even bother, LOL!

6. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

You're a brave man for getting close period! Lol.

Sounds like a good haul...of fish anyway. :)

7. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Storms today,so I stayed off the water. Did manage quite a few box codes from the recycle facility. Also snatched up some nice boxes to pack some more of the ex gf's crap. God she's got a ton of crap. 75% of her clothes here don't fit her. I believe I counted 20+ pairs of jeans. I only have 4 prs,and 2 of them I found while clearing the huge mounds of laundry she left.

I still gotta find more boxes. Huge little league/pony league tournaments all weekend,so kinzie and I will hit them. Then home again for more cleaning.

8. 21Q

21Q Regular member

Score!!! While doing my daily walk I stumbled upon, guess what another mac. BUT, this was a powerbook g4!!! Now, it was in pieces, but the only components I couldn't find find were the hdd, the dvd-rom, and the battery. The screen appears to be intact. Only one key is missing from the keyboard. I think I found all the ribbon cables, not sure. So right now I'm at a loss of what to do but I am very excited. Pics as soon as I get the chance.

edit - ... make that two keys.
    edit edit - nvm I found the B button. its missing the |\ button.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2008
  9. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

21Q - Just as long as you're not missing the 'any' key eh ? :)

[​IMG]

10. 21Q

21Q Regular member

Gah, I'm missing the sound card ribbon cable and can't find it online. I'll have to return to that trash and hope it has not been emptied out. I need a charger so I can check if it will turn on or not. And if it does will it operate and be worth it to purchase an hdd, super drive, ram, and a battery.

http://s84.photobucket.com/albums/k6/21q2/Powerbook G4/

Pictures

11. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

you'll need ram besides the charger to see if posts or not.

12. 21Q

21Q Regular member

Good point ... I think I have a spare stick around here, though it's only 128. But I'm not operating an os so I should be good.

Scratch that, the stick doesn't line up. Need to get a newer one I suppose. *Goes to friends house to raid his stuff*

Last edited: Jun 27, 2008
  13. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

14. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

slow times in dumpster land i see. took the family on a outing to a dive and hit it big.. i only got a couple hundred. left i know 5 bags there. i got about 210 but 50 of them were PS3. these are nice. i think i will be useing some of these instead of the reg cases.

[​IMG]

15. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

WON'T THE STORES JUST SAVE THEM FOR YOU SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO DIG THEM out of the dumpster?

16. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

the one store said they would save them for me. but every time i went they never had any but the dumpster was fool. i think this store i went to yesterday, might save them for me. i have so many now if they aint on top in plain view i wont get them..lol

17. greensman

greensman Regular member

Now that's just plain lazy... hehehe. :p

I think that I know someone that might take some Wii and GC cases from you to "reduce" the inventory problem you have!!! :p Might make the wifey happy too... :D

btw you could prolly sell those cases on eBay and make a couple of bucks! :D Something to think about. :p

...gm

18. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i got 58 Wii cases in that haul and 5 GC cases.

EBAY huh? never really thought about that. ight cost me more to ship them out than i would get in return..???

19. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

the buyer pays for shipping, not you.

20. greensman

greensman Regular member

what the master of the bright light said. :)

....gm