1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dumpster diving !

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Digerati8, Jul 6, 2005.

1. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Well Well then !!! And now for something Completely Different ? {Not } - Went on my 1st official dive since my surgery 6 months ago !! Strictly small potato's mind you ! I got 16 DVD Cases But they were all Doubles ( The non-flapper kind ) and one free movie { The Naked Brothers band ) so not so bad for a first try in a long time ! THe weird thing is if I was wanting double cases or in need of them I would never find them ! Kind of like the curse of Magenta ( Read RED here) ink ? Your Magenta/red ink cartridge always Runs out on you when it's your last one and your Box of spare cartridges has every color in it but red or magenta ? Curiouser and Curiouser as Alice would say !!! Ironically I never have that problem with black ink ? I've got black ink cartridges out The Great Gazoo !!!!- To my defense I print mostly color = DVD covers /photo's ect.. with the occasional recipe for the wife or B&W Copies of her papers for work . When this printer goes Kapootsky I'm Gonna go Laser I think !!! Later y'all

2. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Hey big fella, ever think of getting one of those continuous supply ink systems? I've heard that if you print a lot of stuff, especially DVD covers and disks that this is the way to go, no more little cartridges, just use the bigger containers and refill as needed. I don't print enough to do this, but the church uses one and it seems to be cheaper in the long run.

3. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

blivetNC- bEEN There did'nt zactly work as planned or advertised the catridges fit but getting the ink supply tubing routed did'nt I ended up using some of the cartridges as refillables which is a slightly better option 4me ! To be fair the Epson CX-7800 was'nt designed for SIS or Hi- volume printing from the start and If your going hi- volume I think Laser would be better ! IMHO ! I'm not talking Laser printing on regular std. paper but on Photo Quality laser paper ! I've seen a few examples that are very Photo realistic ! And in the meantime i ordered some new Generic Cartridges from SMS so I'm good for a while more I suppose ? but Thanx for The suggestion anyways blivetNC as always I value my friends opinions and input Later Buddy !!!

4. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Sorry to hear that it didn't work out, I'll file that info in my inbox incase I ever think about that route. Experience is by far the best data I've seen.

5. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

BT Blivet, long time no chat.hell long time no post here..lol

i gotta go pick up some tickets to HSM3 the wife won for the boys i pass 3 blockbusters on the way...think i aint stoppin...lol hope to be back with some pic's.

not that i need cases, its just a addiction...lmao

6. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Do we need to have an intervention?

7. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Does finding a $20 outside a gas station count as dumpster diving? I think not, but it's good to see Rob admiting he has a compulsion for the free stuff. Personally it kills me to see all the good stuff tossed out of businesses, stuff which could be donated to Goodwill or Salvation Army type of thrift stores. Heck, all of our lost and found goodies go to Goodwill after 90 days.

8. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

intrevention,convention,contradiction, something any reason to party..lol

well i hit 2 of the 3.a couple of PS3 magz for the boys,18 green xbox cases and a HSM3 poster which is ironic seeing i was going to the TV station to pick up the titckets to the pre screening of it..lol

BlivetNC.
    your right it is a waist blockbuster tosses them cases out like that. they should be recycled if not anything else.....hey the wife was on the news this morning winning the tickets maybe i should try by going public with BB dumping all this plastic and not recycleing....wonder if i could get some HUSH money???lol

9. SolShrike

SolShrike Member

Wow. Its been awhile since I posted on this thread. At least a year I'd say. Its good to see BigToxy is still here and keeping the diving alive! :) I read a few past posts and I'm glad to hear you're doing well after your surgery Toxy! As for doing some personal diving, I've hit the rogers video place locally, but they lock their receptacles and have a camera outside the door to it. Sneaky people! I tried the local BB as well and their receptacles yielded only a dozen cases, half of which obviously had a box cutter taken to the front to (I'm guessing) discourage people from taking them. That didn't deter me however, and I managed to get 6 good ones (4 black, 2 black doubles).

Once again, I'm glad to see everyone doing well! :)

- SolShrike

10. odie241

odie241 Member

hey everyone,really glad to see this thread still alive.every once in awhile i will get an email saying thread has had a post,glad to see everyone is doing good,and glad to hear your surgery went ok.its been a long while for me to go dumpster diving,guess i am gonna have to go out there and see what i can find,its getting cold here now,maybe some night after a few cocktails i will see what i can haul in,take care everyone,cya,Odie

11. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

odie241 & friends - Could be a Kiddie show Title LOl !!! thanks to you and all my Erstwhile Amigo's & Amigette's - I Know It's Amiga's I remember that much Espanol from Highschool !!!! LOL !!! - I've lost about 150Lbs. To date since 04/15/2008 other rhan the wieght I lost my mind many moons ago but y'all Knew that already !!! My local Blockbuster has found the Ultimate way to prevent me or anyone else from dumpter-diving The removed the whole dumpster !!!! No s***T !!! I guess it's only temporary & their probably getting a new one But I just thought that was really weird ?????????? will keep y'all posted when I get a chance to dive some more or just if I feel the need to amuse someone besides Myself ? wish a Prosperous & Happy New yaer & merry Christmas or whatever Holiday tradition you observe to all later Y'all Ciao !!!

12. JVC

JVC Active member

Congrats buddy! That's great!
    I wish I could lose just one third of that. Keep up the good work!

13. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Congrats on the weight loss BT69...way to go.

It's been a wee bit chilly for dumpster diving in my neck of the woods. I haven't been lately. Been craving a good dive though. ;)

14. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

BT you go buddy. damn good job, keep it up.

funny you say that about BB removeing there dumpster. i went buy a BB close to me.. one that i have hit it big in a few time. to my suprise the dumpster was gone as well. this was just 3 days ago. im gonna go buy there again tonight and see if its back....

15. greensman

greensman Regular member

You guys make me LOL!! They haven't removed the dumpsters... they've added stealth mode to the BB dumpsters to keep you lot away from them... hehehe. I think they've been reading this thread and therefore have taken action to prevent those 100, 200, and 300 case raids... :p

...gm

BT69.. nice job on the weight loss!!! Keep it up buddy... :D

16. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

If you go into the BB store and just ask, they will usually just give you the empties they throw away. The last ones I got were all clean and packed in a nice clean cardboard box. If I ever got in a dumpster, I might have trouble getting out at my age.

17. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Here's an inventory of all the bottle cap/box codes from Coke/Pepsi/Mt Dew/Dr Pepper/and Miller Highlife from this years Dumpster diving:

5- cd/mp3 players
    9-Digital picture Key chains
    6- Cd/Dvd wallets-Holding over 300+ discs
    4- Micro Cassette recorders
    4-Kingston 2 gb travel drives
    3-Kingston 1 gb Travel drives
    1- 2 player Basketball Mini Hoop,just like the ones in arcades/gamerooms.
    $60 worth of Subway Gift cards
    2-Telescopes
    1-Zippo Lighter-Miller High Life
    1-Pepsi Beach towel
    1-Mt Dew Hat
    1- Miller Highlife T-shirt
    1- Pepsi Shirt
    10- NFL team baseball caps that aren't here yet. That's Mt Dew's latest promo.

If it wasn't for Coke devaluating their points last summer,I would have had a lot more. 2500 pts yielded $100 worth of merchandise then.Now takes 4000 pts to equal $100.Promo is being held over another year. Pepsi,not so fortunant.

Bottle cap codes supplied over 75% of my christmas shopping!!!! Thanx to some of the AD members that pm'd me some of those codes: Cincy Rob/Greensman/and a couple others I can't recall.

BTW: I've sold almost $60 worth of Mt Dew's "Caps for Caps" bottlecaps on Ebay the last couple weeks. Would you believe people are gobbling them up from me? It takes 3 matching team bottlecaps to win a hat.I'm selling 5 sets per auction. So I'm averaging over $9 for 15 bottle caps. With the ebay/paypal fees and free shipping, I'm getting almost 45-50 cents a bottlecap!!!!!! Everyone of these bottle caps came from a ditch/dumpster/recycle bin/or buddies at work threw them in my lunchbox at work. $$$ for trash!!!

Happy Holidays to all at AD!!!

18. pwhite23

pwhite23 Regular member

i wish i could get myself back into this stuff, but i cant. not motivated enough to.

19. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I went yesterday and it was very cold. The 30 degree temp isn't bad,but the 20-30 mph wind that comes with it makes it very unpleasant.

Merry Christmas to all!

20. JVC

JVC Active member

Merry Christmas!
    all.......