1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dumpster diving !

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Digerati8, Jul 6, 2005.

1. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Stick a dagger in me and I'll bleed Dodger Blue !! LOL!

Rob aughta dive at Dodger stadium and get some Dodger Dogs!

Season's getting closer!

2. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

Man is this what you all wanna see? BEAUTIFUL isnt it!?!?!?!?

[​IMG]

that big RED C in the middle looks sweet. wire to wire only national leauge team to ever do that!!!!!! might just happen again this year.

anyway back to the dives... stopped at both places. got about 60 blueray cases.. i kinda like those puppies. not much more there. the one dumpster was empty. so i went down swinging like them redsox did the last time they played the big red machine in the WS......LMAO

Last edited: Feb 14, 2009
  3. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

cincyrob- Kinda looks like the worlds smallest Calliope { PipE organ ?} To me ? But you'd have to GET REALLY SMALL to Play it LOL!!!!! - Have'nt come across any Blu-ray Cases YeT But I did find the Lenticular ( Smancy to you Big city folks } Blu-Ray Cover for Pirates Of the Caribbean _The last one =At worlds End ? Pretty Neat !!!! Anyway Glad everyones atleast making the effort atleast every now and then - Good luck cincyrob, Ripdogg, Jvc , Garmoon &evryone else mentioned or not ! and hope everyone has Continued Sucsess Diving and with their Life in General Cheers and all that Stuff Later Y'all { For once he did'nt say CiaO !!! - You'd never guess he's not Italian & has Never Been to europe LOL!!!!!

4. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I must admit I've never really dived. I just go into BlockBuster and beg for the empties. Most of the time I come up empty. Have about 100 but rarely use them except for DL burns. All the rest are in CD books.

5. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Nice job with Photoshop Rob, almost bit on that one myself. Look carefully and you'll still see the pricetag on it from the giftshop in Cooperstown New York. They sell replicas in the gift shop. You can even buy the club insignia sticker to make it personalized. Our Blockbuster stores now have locked enclosures around their dumpster, and the other one uses a community dumpster with lots of food trash in it as well. =(

6. RippDogg

RippDogg Regular member

It's been a real money saver, though I wouldn't recommend it during dates or before Sunday dinners....you know, unless you're into REALLY saving some cash.

Cincy,
    Man, you're really taking some heat here; you'd think Big Red was in the AL East. All I can say is, save it for the Yankmees and their new 1st baseman. Man I can't wait for the season to start; Go Sox!

BigT,
    I saw a MonsterQuest-type show a while back about some kind of Yeti-thing in the swamps and thought about you. I'm waiting for some back-woods Cajun to come out with video of a sasquatch climbing out of a dumpster carrying movie posters. That would be worth fabricating.

7. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

RippDogg- Weeeee Doggies !!!! in The Immortal words of Jed Clampett !!! We Must be on opposiite ends of the Same Brainwave ? I actually Thought about You this morning ! if only iin Passing ? Made my early A.M. Dumpster Creep Today And At The Risk Of Tootin' My Own Horn { No Sonny that ain't a Freight Train That's Jes' That sQuatch Feller Raiding the Bean patch again LOL!!!] I done Good 269 Cases Including one 4 dvd case and 252 DVD's Most in as new Shape ! The Cases were in the Mythical JVC-PVC ? Clear Garbage bags and there were Two of them Chock a block Full !!! I knew from Past experiences that They would break if I tried Lifting them out whole so i opened them and grabbed all I could by the handfuls Dumped them in my Luck recycled Blockbuster Cardboard box ? and transferred them to my Truck Bib& Muck Bucket !!! What made me think of you is that It had rained Last night & This morbing so there was like about 2" inches of water in the dumpster But luckily no pizza Grease or Taco Gunk WHen I had Grabbed all I could reach without Swimming ! I got My handy Harbor Frieght Reacher /Grabber and Grabbed the rest by ones and two's The DVD's were in a seperate bag I saw one disc so I grabbed the whole bag and Went through it in the parking lot at the final count it had 252 Movies granted There are multiple copies of several titles but Free is free Say JVC " !!! All Kinds of Movies Kids/Cartoon , action. horror ,sci-fi ect... This is the best Dive as far as movies go I did Find 113 Copies of The movie crash a good while back But 110 were Scratched to Death with a Scissors By blockbuster !!! so basically other than using those for tree ornaments or Coasters or Clay Pidgeons {PULL!!!!!!!!!!!} they were worthless !! I occasionally find a movie here or there but usually they are the special features disc or part whatever of a multi disc set ( TV series ect...} But Lately I've been finding actual movies so Yeah Me !!!I may even put a Breakdown by titles & quanity if I gets around to it ??? Got to Hibernate So catch you'se Guys later Dive Safe , Life Fast and leave a Pretty widow LOL!!!!!!!!Caio Y'all!!!

8. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

I have to ask. What do you dumpster divers do with all of those DVD cases? It isn't exactly like collecting baseball cards. LOLLOL!

9. JVC

JVC Active member

We use them with the dvds we burn (backups).
    Also, when we record a movie off the tv. We can download the covers, print them out, and put them in the case.

10. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@JVC

You actually record a movie off the Tube? I refuse to watch a movie on TV. They been abridged and a commercial every 10 min. Even with a DVR, it's a pain. JM2C

Edit: I understand if you are using PPV movies tho.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
  11. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Thanks, JVC. I just wondered.

12. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

to add to what JVC posted, i myself have been giving alo of them away to friends who request them. they are good tos for the kids too. well until they smack the snot out of one another with them....lol

13. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@cincy

My givaways are in paper disc holders! They can make their own dvd cases!

14. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

oh i dont mean give aways like that. i mean someone wants 20-30 cases i have given them some to hold them over.

but here lately seeing i have well over 1200 cases my giveaways are in cases,but i dont make them a cover for it..lol

heck i have alot of regular covers that came with the cases

15. JVC

JVC Active member

Not PPV movies. I have the Encore movie channels, and record some for my stepfather. I wouldn't record anything from a channel with commercials. :eek:)

16. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@JVC

I figured that out. That's why I edited my post.

17. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Yeah I've got to where I'm Recycling covers too! save my ink why burn up my ink if the cases already have a good cover ? GrandpaBW you could also put Cd's in the DVD cases Jewel cases are notoriously Delicate and break if you are'nt really Careful ! The bigger (DVD CASE) as opposed to jewel/cd Cases are more durable and have more room for cover art ect.. but they do take up more room than CD cases ! which could be a negative if your short on space ? You could also Put your Data disc in them Free DVD cases too !!! It's all a matter of thinking outside the box 'er Dumpster in our case ! and pretty much what the other erstwhile gentlemen said too!!! & Sometimes you even find free movies too !!! Either Loose or In cases that the Locking Mechanism stuck and either they did'nt want to mess with it or Have too many copies of that movie already ? Most times the ones I've found we're the bonus features disc from 2 dvd sets or part whatever of multiple disc series ? ( mini-series , Tv shows ect...) Sometimes A little scratched ( wear & tear ) sometimes as new condition -wise But To Quote JVC '" Free is FREE "!!! It's a addictive hobby , like fishing, hunting , antiqueing, garage sales, flea markets , shopping ect... Or to quote that Great American Hero {Forest Gump} ' It's like a Box of Chocolate !,You never know what your Gonna get !!!" well that's it for me gang keep it moving CiaO!!!

18. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@BIGTOXY69

You ready for Spanish Town? My wife goes; I don't. What a beautiful two days we're having. Good for diving I suspect. Happy Mardi Gras there buddy!

19. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

garmoon- Gnaw or Naw ? we gone to New Orleans to visit the family & Grandkids & such to many birthdays around Mradi Gras - Youngest Grandson !, Sister in law ! & Sister on Mar 01 so gotta do The Christian thing and go visit & Mardi gras some too !!! Caught the Port allen Parade yesterday wife was in her Glory !!!! was nice though!!! - Managed to sneak out to my Friendly BB dumpster Must've See'd Me Coming cause they was both empty and relatively clean ?{ Look recently Dumped !!!! oh Well ? My wife says I say that Phrase too much To which I reply Oh Well !!!! yeah I'm a Agravating somebody I'bet !!!!? good luck & happy Mardi Gras Y'all !!!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
  20. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Tourist Dumpster Diving- That's what I call Mardi Gras !!!!!- Went Parading on Carnvial Day in LOvely Gretna la. ( WESTBANK !!!!) Got beaned by beads and cups wore silly Elton John Type mardi Gras Sunglasses !!!!, Got sunburned Took oodles of Pictures and ate junk food and darnk Soda !!! No it's not the wild west & wooly Mardi Gras of New orleans You heard about !!! This is more Family Oriented and maybe safer ? But it was nice and had fun !!!!- My Mardi Gras Fun actaully took off on Ash WED! woke up early and went to Blockbuster Near my sisters house ( 2miles away or so ?) and their Dumpster enclosure open { Usually locked up } so I checked the dumpster and found about 12-15 or so in there loose ! Collected those and went behind dumpster and found a JVC Type Clear bag with trash and dvd cases in it took the whole bag to the sQuatch-wagon and sorted out the cases then re-trashed the remaining trash back too the dumpster !!! I did'nt get a chance to count them but filled up a Black trash bag and after I got back home & seperated them that bag filled up a 18 Gallon Tote about 3/4 to 90% of the way so I guess Maybe 100+ or so those totes will hold about 130 depending on how you arrange the cases ? No movies or anything else really nifty but to quote the Beneficent and Magnanamous Potentious Potentate , Grand Poobah , Exalted Ali -Baba of The Shrine & Lord High Everything Else JVC" FREE IS FREE " So it works for me anyways Good luck and Happy Hunting Yo!!!